Cardinal Health Supervisor, Warehouse Operations ( Nights) in Peabody, Massachusetts
Sunday - Thursday Nights 9:00pm - 6:00am
(times may occasionally fluctuate depending on business needs)
What Operations Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Operations function
What is expected of you and others at this level in Operations for functional success
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support, technical or production staff in an assigned area
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area
- Applies expertise to solve standard and non-standard problems within own area
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting for the benefit of the work team; coaches/supports subordinates in their decision-making efforts
- Role models Cardinal Health's high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Provides direction in discussing and creating development plans
- Provides input into succession planning process for own work area
- Aligns individual goals for self and others with work area/functional goals
- Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style
- Assists work team in the achievement of goals/ commitments; achieves own goals/commitments regardless of obstacles
- Works within budgetary/ financial objectives set by manager, applying knowledge of profit drivers to work processes within own area
- Is aware of internal/external business issues
- Identifies specific opportunities for long-term change within own work team or product/service
- Builds customer relationships, interprets customer needs and assesses their business requirements
- Leverages customer knowledge to develop alternative solutions and shares key learnings with others
- Resolves day-to-day or routine problems using defined processes
- Works/brainstorms with work team and provides suggestions for solutions that contain the appropriate level of risk; ensures work team understands and supports the focus on operational excellence
- Actively builds relationships across functions/businesses that bring value to the company, encouraging the participation and perspectives of all team members, regardless of background; mentors and empowers others to achieve success
- Effectively listens to and explains difficult issues to reach shared understanding and build alignment
Accountabilities in this role
- Direct and manage warehouse associates (a team of approximately 45 employees) to achieve timely distribution and receipt of product and motivate employees to ensure that predetermined productivity and quality standards are achieved
- Monitor productivity, adhere to budgetary guidelines, and work to meet Distribution Center objectives and operational goals while maintaining standards pertaining to quality
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of the work force to insure proper staffing to select, replenish, restock, locate and ship merchandise in a productive and cost efficient manner.
- Hold staff accountable for conducting work in a safe manner, ensure that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment to perform distribution functions and provide support for a culture that strives toward continuous improvement in Environmental, Health and Safety
- Coordinate maintenance of equipment, guiding both preventive maintenance and coordinating all necessary repairs
- Recommend and implement programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization
- Ensure quality service is provided to the customers and ensures prompt follow-through on customer correspondence, complaints and inquiries related to shipment of merchandise and stock-on-hand; Develops and implement modifications and innovations to improve the quality of service to our customers.
- Adhere to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and division goals.
- Responsible for employee development, which includes training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals
- Maintains general responsibility for disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; insures a productive work climate in the warehouse operation
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions and services; manage monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
Prepares ad hoc reports as necessary.
Insures that accurate attendance/PTO records and scheduling are maintained.
- Responsible for Cardinal Health compliance and regulations concerning OSHA, DEA, FDA, State and local authorities; primary facility contact for QRA compliance and initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 1-2 years related experience
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma process improvement preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to relocate for future growth, preferred Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs