Jordan Hospital RN - Radiation Oncology in Plymouth, Massachusetts
· Delivers expert, evidence-based nursing care to patients and families.
· Implements the nursing process by assessing patient and family needs and by analyzing assessment data to develop and support clinically accurate diagnoses.
· Plans care by establishing goals with measurable outcomes.
· Implements the plan of care and evaluates the patient's response.
· Documents care according to the BID Plymouth policy and to regulatory agency requirements.
· Administers medications as needed.
· Evaluates educational and psychosocial needs of the patient and family. Incorporates needs into the plan of care.
· Manages the environment of care.
· Recognizes and responds to emergency situations appropriately. Maintains BLS certification.
· Identifies appropriate community resources to promote continuity of care, and makes appropriate referrals.
· Works collaboratively and functions as an effective member of the health care team.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
· Evidence of continuing education.
· Demonstrates proficiency in basic nursing process.
· Graduate of NLN or CCE accredited school of nursing.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
· Current R.N. License in Massachusetts.
· Minimum of 3-5years recent experience as an RN in Oncology. Radiation Oncology preferred.
· ONS Chemotherapy & Biotherapy course certificate required.· Certification in Oncology Nursing preferred