State Street Business Controls - Vice President in Quincy, Massachusetts
The Global Delivery Business Controls Team is part of the 1st Line of Defense framework for Global Delivery. The Vice President will be responsible for driving the design, development and implementation of key risk programs, methods and frameworks. The team works closely with business unit managers to ensure key risks and controls are aligned. The team works closely with the Business Controls Assurance Group, ERM, Compliance, BU Risk teams, Internal Audit and others to implement a sound risk management framework and support for a global program.
Lead development and implementation of a sound risk management framework and program within Global Delivery:
- Manage and lead the policy and regulatory discipline across Global Delivery.
- Develop an understanding of BU’s strategy, critical success factors, risk profile and potential exposures.
- Participate in regulatory review forums and other working groups to build understanding of applicable policies and regulations
- Manage implementation of regulations globally, with particular focus on European jurisdictions
- Apply strategic thinking to provide input and critical analysis of new and changing policies
- Collaborate with business unit management to conduct Business Impact Analysis for both new and updated regulations
- Develop and drive implementation plans for regulatory and policy changes, inclusive of risk review and controls assessment
- Serve as liaison with other Risk disciplines, internal departments, Regulators and other external parties.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, providing ongoing direction and consultative advice to the business units with respect to risk management policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Facilitate communication to and managing stakeholders across Global Delivery to ensure delivery of effective analysis and reporting to satisfy internal management and our Business Unit partners
- Oversee and review reporting for Management, and internal discussions between other business units and Global Delivery
- Review and suggest/provide analysis on data across Global Delivery
- Lead and prioritize approved projects, reporting and analysis
- Represent Global Delivery Business Controls in interactions with all levels in the Company, globally
- Identify, define and drive best practices and process improvements
- Liaise and lead senior staff globally to ensure consistent approach to analysis, design and implementation of key programs, policies, procedures and controls.
- Develop new reporting based on knowledge gained in dealing with our stakeholders
- Identify trending data to ultimately drive decision making
- Review current data and reporting, make suggestions for improvement, for change and for deeper analysis
- Maintain good working relationships with stakeholders
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Identify, resolve, report or escalate exceptions, breaches and suspicious activities as required by our risk and compliance programs
- Prepare/conduct and present periodic program reports/reviews to satisfy client, regulator, and internal management requirements
- Perform other duties as required
- 13+ years of experience, preferably within financial services, accounting, audit, or risk; knowledge of Global Delivery and/or other State Street business units a plus.
- Ability to think strategically, lead and influence across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and lead others in times of change
- Ability to design and implement operational practices in support of corporate policies
- Strong project management skills and process thinking
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral)
- Must be data driven with an analytical and inquisitive mindset
- Ability to assess and determine acceptable levels of risk within a service or process. Ability to make assessments and recommendations on effective risk mitigation.
- Self-motivated individual, who enjoys undertaking challenges, can assimilate information quickly and outline action plans and recommendations in a complex and changing environment
Controls writing and testing experience preferred
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time