Granite Telecommunications Product Analyst, Managed Services and Equipment in Quincy, Massachusetts
_Granite Background & History_
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.35 billion in revenue with more than 1,800 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Director of Product Development and Product Manager of Managed Services, the Product Analyst will collaborate intra and interdepartmentally on product/business development initiatives, including:
- Onboarding and management of potential product offerings and equipment
- Overall product development and requirements
- Implementation and marketing initiatives
- Product/equipment lifecycle management
- Provide inter-departmental support and direction pertaining to product and equipment related offerings, deployments, projects as well as guidance on associated business rules, pricing, policy and procedures
- Provide support and collaborate as necessary with the Product Manager of Managed Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product and equipment management
- Provide product and equipment requirements and determine specifications
- Collaborate with supply chain group on negotiating costs/terms, inventory and safety stock with vendors
- Draft business rules, policy/procedures, data/spec sheets
- Provide guidance and support on policy and procedures
- Coordinate annual/semi-annual price changes and oversee implementation
- Manage/spearhead demo and internal testing requests
- Training and sales support
- 2+ years telecommunications, network engineering or information technology background
- Solid understanding of managed services, associated equipment, terms and concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Basic understanding of supply chain/purchasing principals
- Requirements analysis
- Product and vendor management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working cross functionally with various groups and departments
- Understanding/knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: SD-WAN, Firewall, VoIP technologies, MPLS, Dedicated Internet Access (DS1, NxT1, DS3, Ethernet)
- Business case and financial modeling experience
- Sales skills comprehension
- Technical comprehension in telecommunications
- Contract management and negotiation skills
Location: Quincy, MA (HQ)
Job Code: 2492
# of Openings: 1