Oracle Software Developer 4 in Quincy, Massachusetts
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Corporate Tools Engineering (CTE) Development team, is one of the most exciting and fast-growing teams at Oracle. CTE team has established itself as a core solutions provider in areas of architecture and functionality for many internal productivity applications. CTE offers a unique experience working with different technologies but not limited to Linux, Oracle PL/SQL, APEX, Java/J2EE, Perl, Web Services to name a few.
CTE works on a wide range of domains but not limited to Finance, HR, Budgeting, Cloud Capacity, Real Estate, Communications etc.
As a Consulting Member(IC4) of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining, developing, debugging and validating software applications and/or automation (API and UI). You will provide technical leadership to other team members and mentor new hires. You will also be working and coordinating with various other teams, across different CTE products and groups. You will work with Top Level Management and Product Architects to shape and influence new features. You’ll be using your development expertise and database know-how to help our team and will participate in design, development, support and documentation with different internal development groups, support systems and documentation environments. But your real success with Oracle will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm, determination and rapid delivery of applications under tight time constraints.
This position will participate in highly complex designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software programs and scripts. The candidate will critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, develop/support complex systems, along with the best practices to ensure a high-quality end product.
We are looking for a senior developer with a minimum of 15 years of work experience, having minimum 5 years of experience in Real Estate and Communications domain. He/she has to be able to hit the ground running from day one, and expect him/her to be able to research issues on their own if there are problems. Our team does a lot of collaboration, so we need someone experienced enough to find the tools and express opinions on ways to handle various problems.
Based in the US as a sole developer with most of the development team in India, the successful candidate will also need to be able to support 15 applications at the drop of a hat if any major issues occur during the US time zone, the application could be in different technologies.
• Masters Degree in Technology or Computers
Strong Oracle SQL and Oracle advanced PL/SQL programming
Strong in APEX development
• Strong concepts in data warehouse, especially OBIEE
• Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows Operating system
• Strong understanding of software development life cycles and agile programming methodologies
• Strong understanding of Product Lifecycle and QA Processes/Methodologies
• Strong understanding in Real Estate and Facilities domain (to track capacity utilization of buildings)
• Strong understanding of Headcount and Resourcing domain
• Strong understanding of the communication domain. Especially SMPP protocol for sending SMS messages
Soft Skills -
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
• Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
• Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed
• Ability to work with no/minimal supervision.
• Participating in code reviews
• Working with application teams and other stakeholders
• Engaging actively in the technical decision-making process
• Participating in technical discussions and providing feedback depending on the needs of the team/department
• Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process
• Other technology experience such as Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Python would be a plus.
• Knowledge of tools such as Eclipse, TOAD, SQL Developer, PuTTY, HP Fortify Workbench, sqlmap, burpsuite, ANT, Maven, SOAP UI, Postman, SVN, git/Sourcetree, NetBeans etc would be plus
• Working knowledge of JBoss, Tomcat, Weblogic server will be a big plus
• Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed
Job: *Product Development
Title: Software Developer 4
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 200016BZ
- Oracle Jobs