Triangle Inc. Direct Care Franklin Full-time in Reading, Massachusetts
Position: Direct Care (Residential)
Reports to: Program Manager
Hours: Sun 9a-11p, Mon 3p-11p, Thurs 3p-11p and Fri 3p-10p/37 hours.
Triangle’s Expectation of Employee
· Adheres to Triangle Policy and Procedures
· Acts as a role model within and outside Triangle
· Performs duties as workload necessitates
· Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
· Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
· Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
· Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
· Meets Department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide direct care coverage and support for individuals served, responding to individual issues during assigned shifts.
· Work with individuals to promote growth in each of QUEST's quality of life areas (i.e. Individual Control, Respect and Dignity, Relationships, Community Membership, Personal Growth & Accomplishments, Personal well-being).
· Assist individuals in working on areas identified in their Individual Support Plans (in conjunction with the efforts of other team members).
· Support individuals as needed or directed, in the areas of problem solving, personal care, medical care, socialization and leisure activities, interpersonal skills, household, money management, activities of daily living, asserting their human and civil rights.
· Assist in the development and implementation of behavior support plans.
· Plans in conjunction with the efforts of other team members.
· Know emergency procedures and basic emergency facts regarding all individual living at the location where coverage is being provided.
· Complete any necessary documentation, including (but not limited to ) Communication Log, Case Log, ROADs Charts, Daily Progress notes, Incident Reports, Medication and Treatment Charts, Medication Occurrence Reports.
· If Certified to Dispense medications as prescribed. Report any medication occurrences to Program Manager, complete necessary forms and follow applicable procedures.
· Transport and/or accompany individuals to appointments and other community based activities and events as needed.
· Maintain Triangle property in good and sanitary condition.
· Attend and participate in supervision and staff meetings as scheduled by the Program Manager.
· Attend trainings as directed by the Program Manager.
· Additional duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
· Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to verbally communicate, read, analyze, interpret, and write documents.
· Ability to respond and navigate common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, or family members.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.