Arrow Electronics Infrastructure Engineer, Principal in Remote, Massachusetts
Infrastructure Engineer, Principal
Provide Sr level engineering, design and support for IBM Power / AIX servers, LPARS and workloads. Over 8 years of hand on skills in AIX OS upgrade and patching, LPAR provisioning, system recovery, VIOS configuration, performance analysis and capacity planning. Some knowledge in Storage Subsystems is required.
Provide Sr level engineering, design and support, security remediation for Enterprise Redhat Linux servers and workloads.
Knowledge and ability to support infrastructure with automation, such as Ansible playbooks, and other scripting or automation platforms.
Ability to communicate and collaborate with a diverse team and technologies, understanding of technical and business requirements
Ability to troubleshoot complex performance, availability and other types of errors and outages during incidents and come to quick resolution to restore services.
Ability to document technical and architectural requirements, processes and procedures.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for directing a staff of infrastructure engineers in the design, development, implementation, and support of the infrastructure. This involves analyzing, configuring, testing and implementing the infrastructure. This may also involve monitoring and controlling the performance and status of the infrastructure. Infrastructure Engineer partners with the business to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need. This role will also direct the effort to plan the support and maintenance of the infrastructure. This may include evaluating and making recommendation in enhancements to the existing infrastructure. Position will also oversee and authorize projects in several specialized element(s) of the infrastructure, such as the network, telephony, middleware, Unix, Windows, Storage, etc. This role is also responsible for benefits realization, supporting the development and execution of a benefits realization plan.
• Direct effort to plan, engineer, and design the infrastructure, as well as direct effort to evaluate, recommend, integrate and coordinate enhancements to the infrastructure.
• Direct effort to work with IT Architects to ensure that modified infrastructure interacts appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered and other areas of impact are addressed and meet performance requirements of the project.
• Oversee effort to test, debug, performance analyze and document infrastructure components.
• Provide leadership and vision to the overall infrastructure engineer group.
• Oversee effort to implement the infrastructure by analyzing the current system environment and infrastructure, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
• Guides others in resolving complex issues in specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures
• Serves as an expert within own discipline
• Serves as a resource for best practices/quality on functional teams or projects
• Trains/mentors junior staff
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$127,600.00 - $165,000.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-CO-Colorado (Remote Employees)
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires all new employees in the United States to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning work, except where prohibited by law.
Arrow Electronics, Inc.'s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, citizenship, veran status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state, federal or local laws. Our policy of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action applies to all employment decisions personnel policies and practices, or programs.
- Arrow Electronics Jobs