Wheelabrator Technologies Assistant Plant Operator in Saugus, Massachusetts
Built on the principle that sustainable waste management is an integral part of our environmental and economic infrastructure, Wheelabrator Technologies is a vertically-integrated waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to the customers and communities we serve. Wheelabrator Technologies owns or operates 43 strategically located assets in the U.S. and the U.K. including our Tunnel Hill Partners and City Carting & Recycling locations.
Wheelabrator is owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, a business within the Macquarie Asset Management division of Macquarie Group and a global alternative asset manager focused on real estate, infrastructure, agriculture and energy assets. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com, www.tunnelhillpartners.com or www.citycarting.net.
Our Wheelabrator facility in Saugus, MA is currently looking for an Assistant Plant Operator who holds a current Massachusetts 1st Class Fireman's License and is confident and enthusiastic individual who will have the responsibility to monitor and operate boilers and auxiliary plant equipment from the field to maintain safe, efficient and continuous plant operations. With guidance and as requested, operate boilers and auxiliary plant equipment locally throughout the plant, making necessary adjustments to maintain safety and efficiency while maintaining environmental regulations.
- 2 years working in a power plant operation or 3 years related experience
- Mechanical skills sufficient to perform varied mechanical tasks such as replacement of shear pins, valve repacking and equipment inspections
- Knowledge and understanding of the operation of a steam generating power plant
Certificates and Licenses
Licenses as required by Local, State, Federal, Environmental and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies.
- Massachusetts 1st Class Fireman's License
- Massachusetts 3rd Class Engineers License.
Work in areas under adverse conditions that may require the donning and use of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, the following with average fatigue:
- Negative pressure respirator
- Positive pressure respirator
- Chemical resistant suit
- Heat resistant outerwear
- Flame resistant outerwear
Physical Demands include but is not limited to:
- Handle tools, equipment, fine motor skills
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
- Access confined spaces and pressure vessels through standard 12" by 16" manways
- Operate a 1.5 inch fire hose operating at 125 PSI line pressure to the extent required to extinguish fire
- Operate fire extinguishing equipment ranging from hand held extinguishers to 200 lbs. portable units
Power up your career by applying today!!
At Wheelabrator Technologies, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.
MA - Saugus-001