Pearle Vision Licensed Optician in Saugus, Massachusetts
Pearle Vision of Saugus is looking for a licensed Optician to join our growing team. We strive to provide an outstanding culture of opportunity and growth for our staff and excellent customer care for our patients. We are looking for an employee who wants a career, not just a job in the optical industry and appreciates working in an environment that is more personal than a corporate store.
Our store is a busy retail business that offers a place to learn, enjoy your profession and work with others who love what they do. We strive to make sure our staff is trained about the newest technology, is utilizing their strengths to grow and is compensated for their hard work.
- Hourly salary PLUS sales commissions
- Sundays paid at time and a half
- Some holidays paid at time and a half
- Hours are flexible, but will require some evenings and weekends
- Annual glasses and contact lens benefits
- Full Time Employee Benefits include:* Sick time
- Vacation time
- 7 paid holidays
- Medical and dental benefits
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide patients with an outstanding experience
- Develop professional business relationships with other associates and Doctors.
- Fill ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions, and fit and adapt lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following:* Utilize optical prescription in conjunction to the patient's visual requirements
- Recommend specific lenses, and lens coatings to suit patient needs
- Assist patients in the selection of frames, and coordinate frames to prescription and patient need
Perform appropriate optical related measurements
Ensure a quality patient experience through correct pricing, POS entry, and realistic delivery time quotes
- Provide appropriate guidance to patients regarding Managed Vision Care
- Assist with the timely execution of approved Marketing programs and initiatives, and the implementation of appropriate signage and promotions according to company standards
Other duties as assigned by Store Manager Requirements, Knowledge, & Skills:
State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized opticianry association as an optician.
- Ability to provide enthusiastic and concise communication to meet/exceed patient expectations
- Foster positive and results-oriented associate and doctor relationships
- Ability to present and implement decisive and creative solutions to opportunities to grow the business
- Ability to sell through use of sales skills and accountability for sales results
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to manage priorities through adaptability and flexibility
- Experience with personal computers preferred