Aerotek Environmental Specialist in Somerville, Massachusetts
6 Month Contract to Hire
• Bachelors in Environmental Science or related field (Biology, Chem, etc.)
• Ability to interact with clients on a daily basis
• Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
• OSHA 40 or ability to get one before starting
• Must be self-sufficient, ask questions and be able to pick things up quickly
• Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Will be working directly with their clients directly on site
• The ability to be resilient - this person will be working long hours. Looking for someone who can bounce back the next day refreshed with a positive attitude
• Work in teams to perform lab pack services including chemical segregation, packing, and disposal
• Perform chemical inventories
• Perform audits and inspections of facilities and laboratories
• Assist management in developing top accounts and devising standard operating procedures
• Demonstrate supervisory leadership skills through interactions with team members
• Develop an understanding of OSHA regulations as well as the company’s Health and Safety Practices
• Obtain knowledge of technical, customer service, and business components of environmental services
• Commit to achieving the goals outlined in the Environmental Specialist Advancement Program
• Learn and work with computerized waste tracking system
There will not be a "typical" day in the sense that they will be serving different clients and completing different tasks each day. Candidates will report to the Somerville office every day and then drive out to different sites. 8-10 hour days beginning at 6 or 7am.
There is opportunity to move up from this position. Typically, someone will work in this role from 1-3 years and after that they can work in a consulting program, managing, engineering, or sales.
• This person will be working on-site at various locations throughout the Greater Boston area.
• Their clients include: Bio/Pharma companies, life science companies, hospitals, schools (higher ed).
• 100% in the field work.
• They will work on a crew of 2-5 people depending on the job for the day. This includes a team lead who will give them guidance on daily tasks and be there to answer any questions that they have.
Candidates will interview with the Manager of the Environmental Specialist group out of the Somerville office. It is a one round in person interview that typically lasts 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Pay Rate: $20/hour
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs