Eversource Energy Analyst QA/QC in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Role and Scope of Position:
Plans, develops, and coordinates activities associated with the Eversource PSMS and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) program, including the testing, standards development and monitoring of inspection activities associated with Eversource construction and maintenance inspection activities and records management practices. This position will be interacting and engaging with multiple levels of personnel from field supervision to leadership team members. Works frequently with corporate and service organizations in the interest of the department.
- Develops QA/QC testing, programs, and procedures; educates employees on their content; and benchmarks Eversource Gas programs to best practice QA/QC programs.
- Coordinates the review of construction and maintenance inspection procedures and protocols.
- Works with Eversource Gas operations and engineering personnel to prepare inspection/test plans and provides recommendations to the Manager -QA/QC regarding the establishment of in-process inspection hold points (milestones for inspection).
- Coordinates and maintains established computerized system (i.e. Sims) for the tracking of non-compliant observation and follow up corrective action taken
- Maintains the QC SIMS Data base of all reports, QC audit forms maintenance and updates
- Extracts occupational safety data on a regular schedule to provide to the Safety department
- Develops, maintains, schedules and conducts Training sessions for Sims and Power BI users (all manager and Supervisor ranks for operations); Monitors and tracks “High Severity” non-compliant observation follow-up activities in accordance with applicable policies.
- Engages with the Quality Assurance team to assess trends, risks and develops response/mitigations
- Assists with the documentation, tracking and communicate of Lessons learned.
- Monitors and tracks Haz ID, Near Miss Reporting
- Works with vendors as necessary to schedule work or maintenance on various programs used by the department
- Documents and audits the Company's process around detailed QA/QC receipt inspection of Eversource Gas purchased materials, equipment and parts.
- Reviews, and maintains Eversource Gas records management practices and procedures and ensures compliance throughout Eversource Gas office and field operations.
- Maintains as established computerized system for the tracking of corrective action taken on open (outstanding) nonconforming conditions and materials.
- Evaluates Eversource Gas training services through training participation that will lead to the understanding of operations and maintenance functions and report out to the Manager - QA/QC with recommendations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding data analysis as it relates to QC or similar analysis.
- Working knowledge of natural gas operations and construction practices is preferred
- Ability to analyze information, determine facts and make decisions accordingly.
- Working knowledge of computer operations such as project management tools and/or MS Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three (3) plus years of experience working with Office systems and computer experience is required
- Experience in gas distribution, utility or technical experience is preferred
- Experience with PSMS and QA/QC processes related to construction and operations of natural gas systems and facilities is desired
Licenses & Certifications:
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs