Eversource Energy Gas Project Engineering Winter Internship in Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Location: Southborough, MA (personal transportation required)
Duration: Wnter 2019
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8AM - 4:30PM
Student will provide support to engineering staff including Project Engineers and Corrosion Engineer. Duties include reviewing design and construction drawings, collecting and analyzing data and preparing reports. Student will assist Gas Engineering staff with identifying necessary updates in the Company GIS system to match Corrosion and Compliance records
Assist in the development of reports/programs relating to the Gas Business.
Specific tasks could include:
-Charts, graphs, electronic presantations
- Fluid flow calculations for natural gas piping systems.
- Develop detailed construction drawings for new gas facilities.
- Provide on-site field support.
- Design new and retrofit piping configurations for pipelines, meter and regulator stations.
- Review State and City infrastructure improvement plans as well as private Developer drawings to determine impact to existing Gas facilities.
- Updating GIS database for corrosion testing and repairs.
Knowledge of AutoCad 2002, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications are preferred. Job experience using AutoCad is a plus. Student should be working towards a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Student / Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor