Eversource Energy Project Engineer, LNG in Southborough, Massachusetts
Role and Scope of Position:
Plans, develops, schedules, and performs engineering assignments related to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of liquified natural gas (LNG) facilities, gas distribution and pressure regulating systems, including major, complex projects. Analyzes, recommends and develops specific projects for implementation. Assumes supervisory on-call assignments as required. Supports values and commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values.
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Plant systems include, but are not limited to; gas pretreatment, liquefaction, boil off gas handling, cryogenic tank storage, plant utilities, firewater, B31.3 piping systems, low and medium voltage electrical systems, and plant control systems.
- Performs site layouts and prepares necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction.
- Specifies and procures materials and equipment. Coordinates in-house and contract labor.
- Prepares projects for bid, schedules and conducts bid meetings. Evaluate bids and initiate award of purchase orders.
- Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Coordinates construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments.
- Assists in the oversite of construction activities to insure specification and code compliance. Ensures compliance with field procedures and the coordination with Plant Operations.
- Reviews purchase requisitions, and invoices related to departmental activity. Monitors and provides reports on project and departmental budgets. Provides variances from scheduled and cost targets as required.
- Assists junior staff and reviews their work and provides direction or assistance in carrying out assignments.
- Provides financial support to upper management for budget development and cost tracking. Develops and presents project summaries as required.
- Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Implements and monitors compliance programs to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assists in facility and gas distribution system restoration efforts during emergencies.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental engineering disciplines, plant construction and maintenance work practices and procedures.
Knowledge of applicable governmental codes and regulations
Must have the ability to read and understand Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) and follow schematic drawings.
- Working knowledge of environmental requirements affecting related activities
- Ability to understand basic thermodynamics and cryogenic fundamentals as they relate to LNG.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with MS computer operations
- Some exposure to gaseous atmospheres, construction site hazards, and hazards on customer’s property
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology or relateddiscipline
- Five plus years of related engineering experience
- LNG, Oil & Gas, or Power Plant experience a plus.
Licenses & Certifications:
Engineer In- Training (EIT), Professional Engineer (PE) or Project Management Professional (PMP) is not necessary but preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $106,700.00 to $118,550.00, plus incentive. Employees working in this position may be eligible to receive a rotational shift pay adder upon completion of training. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Work is performed both in an office environment and the field. Related duties require sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs, ladders and tall structures. Work may take place outdoors during inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold. Job can require traveling to operating districts, gas facilities and other locations within and outside the state.
- Must have the ability to successfully complete company sponsored training programs for LNG Plant operations, LNG Operator training, fire fighting training, security training, HAZMAT training, first aid, OSHA and company specific operator qualifications.Job can require traveling to operating districts, gas facilities and companies within and outside the state.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action. .
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs