Eversource Energy Senior Financial Analyst Investment Planning (Data Analyst) in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the research, analysis, evaluation and preparation of reports and documents in support of gas capital and O&M planning for the Gas subsidiaries of Eversource. This role will be heavily involved in the creation of new reporting and analysis processes associated with financial budget verses actual comparison for a newly acquired gas company. This position requires a high-level understanding of financial planning concepts along with advanced skills in managing, organizing, and maintaining large amounts of data. Successful candidates will need to demonstrate the ability to learn new concepts quickly and think creatively. For a period of time, this position will be exposed to 2 different financial codes blocks and will be required to build mapping and translation table to ensure accurate reporting. In time, the position will assist in annual rate case filings including the preparation of supporting documents, creation of closing financial reports, and ensuring all project are following corporate policies for capital authorizations. The assessment of data will sometimes involve financial and economic modeling of information critical in evaluating financial, operational and business needs as they relate to the long and short term operations and opportunities of the Company. The position will also research and develop new initiatives and assist with the communication of the analyses and associated strategies to the appropriate business organizations.
- Assist in creating methods for linking financial data from 2 different code blocks.
- Ensure project costs are tracked and recorded to the correct accounting structures.
- Provide capital and O&M financial actual vs budget reporting
- Perform financial/economic analysis of projects.
- Prepares cost/benefit analysis for spending decisions.
- Ensure all project are following corporate policies for capital authorization
- Creates financial and economic models of various scenarios to assist with current and future business planning decisions Assists in the preparation of future capital and O&M budgets.
- Responsible for the preparation of budget forecasts and expenditures.
- Analyzes budget, reports and forecasts and prepares variance analysis as necessary.
- Maintains computer reporting systems.
- Provides statistics for short and long term forecasting.
- Prepares special reports and studies, as requested.
- Interacts with personnel within and outside the organization including senior management, various corporate organizations and financial, legal and regulatory communities in order to complete interdepartmental projects.
- Works closely with their counterparts in Corporate Finance and Accounting, and Strategic and Long Range Planning Groups.
- Minimum of five (5) years related regulated and non-regulated work experience, including energy consulting; financial analysis, policies and standards; merger and acquisition assessments and negotiations; and generally accepted accounting principals.
- Energy industry experience preferred.
- Requires strong working knowledge of financial and economic methodologies and theories, as well as the ability to understand the financial impact of business decisions.
- Requires strong analytical, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills along with advanced Microsoft Excel abilities.
- Requires effective written and oral communication skills.
- Requires the ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and statistical programs).
- Strong data analysis skills, financial modeling and systems knowledge a must.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT as necessary.
- Requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business decisions and results.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs