Baystate Health Administrative Secretary-Baycare in Springfield, Massachusetts
Performs general administrative/secretarial duties, including typing general correspondence, memos, forms, reports, charts, etc. Assists in preparing more complex administrative messages, and special reports/analyses as directed. Decides on report design and presentation material. Prioritizes workload. Reviews assignments with the Superior as necessary. Performs related and routine office duties such as but not limited to filing, data entry/retrieval, mail distribution, greeting visitors, and answering telephones.
This description covers the essential functions of the position. The Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Enters data on spreadsheets or other software according to the procedure. Assists in preparing more complex administrative reports, and special reports/analyses as directed. Decides on report design and presentation material.
2) Develops forms, tables, and charts per the established department format.
3 ) Prepares confidential correspondence per established department and hospital policies and procedures.
4) Greets and receives visitors courteously and professionally.
5) Screens incoming calls and routes them to appropriate personnel or takes messages in accordance with established department procedures.
6) Maintains department calendar, schedules meetings, and makes routine conference arrangements.
7) Maintains department record-keeping and filing systems and classifies, sorts, and files correspondence, articles, records, and other documents. Oversees department record-keeping and filing systems by developing and implementing efficient coding systems.
8) Prepares, sends, and tracks DocuSign mailings
9) Orders and stocks of kitchen supplies
10) Orders office supplies
11) Assist managers with onboarding of new staff
12) Cross coverage for additional Admin staff
13) Manages incoming faxes
Minimally Required Experience:
1-2 years of relevant experience
Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience is required. Prior experience with departmental terminology and software is preferred.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
High School Diploma (Required)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs