Aerotek EH&S Specialist in Springfield, Massachusetts
One of our top clients is looking for an EH&S Specialist to join their team!
• Provide support and guidance daily on safe work practices and proper PPE
• Ensure EH&S compliance audits are completed properly and timely
• Assist with safety committee initiatives and goals, driving participation and follow up.
• Perform incident/accident investigations, root cause analysis, determination of corrective actions, and ensure recommended corrective actions/preventative measures are completed in a timely manner
• Perform Industrial Hygiene monitoring for heat stress, air quality, confined space atmospheric testing, and perform ergonomic evaluations and recommendations.
• Drive continuous improvement and ergonomics initiatives
• Prepare and maintain accurate site EH&S records and documentation, including tracking and reporting of safety statistics
• Perform safety and environmental training in accordance with established safety programs and policies
• Assist with injury case management and worker’s compensation claims.
• Provide assistance and support to maintain OSHA and EPA compliance with hazard communications (HazCom), medical surveillance, emergency response, wastewater and VOC emissions
• Assist with implementation of specialized programs to ensure facility compliance with hazardous waste management, storm water management, blood-borne pathogens, audiometric testing program, fall protection, confined space and ergonomics
• Manage respiratory protection program
Bachelor in Environmental Science, Industrial Safety, Engineering or a closely related technical field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in an EH&S role (Manufacturing preferred)
• Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, MassDEP, RCRA, Life Safety, EH&S and Industrial Hygiene assessment methods
• HAZWOPER certification preferred
• In depth knowledge of machine safe guarding, electrical safety, chemical safety and hazard communications
• Ability to create formal written programs and policies for regulatory compliance, training and recordkeeping
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and drive effectiveness
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills, and ability to energize and motivate teams
• Excellent organization skills and effective project management
• Strong PC skills including MS Office Suite
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs