Trinity Health Phlebotomist, Long Term Care in Springfield, Massachusetts
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Day Shift
Trinity Health Of New England is looking for a Phlebotomist to join our team of mission-driven healthcare innovators. Our vision is to provide state-of-the-art healthcare to those within our local communities, creating a positive impact for each individual that walks through our doors. This person is responsible for providing skilled phlebotomy at area nursing homes in the Springfield, MA area. Your work is vital to the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients.
Top Reasons to Work at Trinity Health of New England:
• Become a valued member of an excellent, dedicated health care team• Engaged Leadership• Competitive Benefits Package• Generous shift differentials
• 40 hours, Day Shift, early start times between 4-5:00 am. Requires use of own vehicle (mileage reimbursement is applied)
What will you do:
• Exceptional Patient Care: Contributes to overall quality of care for the patient through accurate, skilled phlebotomy draws and excellent customer service. Ability to exchange information on factual matters, greet visitors, explain laboratory policies, and or relay patients’ needs to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients and their families, visitors, clients, hospital and/or laboratory employees.
• Excellent Communicator: Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with administrators, colleagues, patients, and healthcare providers.• Technical Familiarity: Understanding in the operation/maintenance of Lab equipment, computer-based applications (email, and standard applications such as Microsoft Office). • Active Teamwork: Demonstrates problem solving, conflict resolution, and positive communication through teamwork. Willing to assist where needed.
• Education: Work requires a high school level of educational development and up to one year of basic technical training in blood drawing and specimen collection technique, aseptic methods, medical terminology plus three months or less of on-the-job training and orientation.• Certification: Nat'l Phlebotomy Certification preferred. Valid driver’s license in good standing required by the Commonwealth of MA.• Experience: 1 year of experience, preferred.• Skills: Skills: Strong interpersonal skills; strong phlebotomy skills. Adaptability and flexibility necessary for work schedule and patient care requirements. Good command of the English language and medical terminology.
About Trinity Health Of New England:
Trinity Health Of New England is an integrated health care delivery system that is comprised of world-class providers and facilities dedicated to full spectrum preventative, acute, and post-acute care. We aim to deliver top level care to increase our community's overall health at lower costs. While we serve nearly 3 million people, we are proud to be a part of a national system that focuses on putting our patients first and having the best colleagues to do so.Trinity Health Of New England benefits include health insurance, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick time, and professional advancement just to name a few. Employees can also take advantage of extra benefits specific to each hospital.
Step up to your potential. Write your story and apply today!
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.