American Red Cross SAF Regional Program Sr. Specialist - Mobile in Springfield, Massachusetts
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission is to provide care and comfort to the members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. It is the impetus for the establishment of the American Red Cross (ARC). SAF at the Red Cross is a mixture of both tradition and innovation. ARC continues to provide traditional support to military families; serve in military and veterans hospitals, and conduct emergency communication. But, we also continually adapt our traditional services and create new programs to meet the needs of today's military member, veterans and their families.
The American Red Cross is currently seeking a Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Regional Program Sr. Specialist - Mobile for our Springfield, MA location.
The Service to the Armed Forces Program Sr. Specialist-Mobile is a dynamic position on the Service to the Armed Forces mobile staff team. This elite group of employees support our military, their families, and veterans just as Clara Barton provided care and assistance on the Civil War battlefield.
A candidate who blends adventure and service is the ideal candidate--someone having experience, and or a desire, to provide community outreach, service delivery, program management, and to work with the military/veteran community.
The Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Regional Program Sr. Specialist - Mobile assists in the delivery of American Red Cross programs and services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through managing volunteers and working with other Red Cross departments.
Mobile positions will require 6-7 month deployments to any military base around the world every 1-2 years. See additional criteria below.
- Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Serves as the "face" of the Red Cross at assigned location.
• Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions.
- Volunteer Management: Develops and implements a strategic volunteer program to engage and enable delivery of all Red Cross programs and services on a military installation.
• Recruits and trains volunteers in the delivery of SAF programs and services, Preparedness, Health & Safety Services, Disaster Cycle Services, and providing support to Armed Forces Blood Services,
• Supervises volunteer staff in their daily work responsibilities.
Service Delivery Management: Ensures the delivery of SAF core services to all clients within their jurisdiction. Supports other lines of ARC service to ensure the delivery of Preparedness, Health and Safety Services training, disaster preparedness and response and Red Cross Blood Services. Services may include conducting training, meetings, presentations, and workshops as well as scheduling, recruitment, marketing and providing materials and support throughout the community.
Reporting & Admin Support: Monitors and reports on American Red Cross Service Delivery Outcomes.
• Interact with customers and other teams to obtain data to document outcomes and program results to ensure organizational accountability.
• Input and Evaluate Service Delivery Data for consistency completeness, accuracy, reasonableness.
• Generate data reports on a scheduled and/ or periodic basis for management or local command.
• Makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field; or relevant equivalent experience is required.
Experience: A minimum of five years related experience
Management Experience: Minimum one year of management experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Requires strong computer skills. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment. The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services is strongly desired. Familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol is strongly desired.
Travel: Valid driver's license required
• U.S. citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance and a no-fee U.S. passport.
• Worldwide mobility is a condition of employment and an essential function of this position.
• Must accept work assignments anywhere in the world, including conflict areas, where the American Red Cross
is providing services to members of the military and their families.
• Must meet strict medical and physical requirements, including immunizations required by the U.S. military.
• Responsible for proper wear and maintenance of daily OCONUS Red Cross Duty Uniform
• May be required to wear military uniforms, and live and work in harsh and stressful environment in conflict areas.
• Periodically accompanies the military on deployments.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights