Eversource Energy Senior Data Analyst, Grid Modernization in Springfield, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The senior data analyst will support the Grid Modernization team develop tools and processes for managing and analyzing a growing volume of power system data. The individual will be responsible for building data models and developing algorithms that will ultimately enhance our understanding of customer loads and distributed generation to identify areas for further optimization and investment. In addition to technical knowledge, applicants should have a strong interest and aptitude in connecting data models to business objectives.
- Collaborate with multiple groups to access and aggregate data streams from multiple sources
- Identify and help to remediate root causes of data issues/anomalies that may be encountered
- Develop and implement appropriate data processing methodologies to meet business objectives and support regulatory reporting requirements
- Translates results of statistical analysis and predictive analytics into actionable insights
- Collaborate with engineers to validate algorithms and results using power system modeling tools and real-time data
- Understands limitations of algorithms and how they can be modified to achieve similar results at a larger scale
Technical Knowledge & Prior Experience:
- Experience working with digital platforms to build & refine models built on large datasets
- Strong mathematics background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics)
- Basic understanding of different data formats and integration/mapping techniques
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, R, MATLAB)
- Ability to clearly summarize and report results and challenges through oral and written communication
- Familiarity and experience with distribution power system modeling is a plus
Education : Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering (Master’s preferred)
Experience : 5+ years of experience in data aggregation, modeling, and quantitative analyses.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs