Performance Food Group Yard Jockey Sunday-Thursday Night in Springfield, Massachusetts
Yard Jockey Sunday-Thursday Night
Performance Springfield (0735)
The Yard Driver is responsible for moving tractor trailers to/from the loading docks and parking loaded or empty trailers in designated areas. The Yard Driver will transport tractor trailers to offsite maintenance and/or inspection facilities requiring local city driving. All driving is expected to be completed safely in accordance with all Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Responsible for fueling, moving and parking tractors and trailers to the docks and parking the loaded or empty trailers in the designated areas. Requires attention to safety and cautious driving in the facility parking lot. The Yard Driver communicates and interacts with co-workers and vendors professionally ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work methods and customer service practices. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
• Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
• Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
• Safely move trailers to/from loading docks and to/from designated parking area.
• Handle and return all necessary paperwork related to offsite maintenance and/or inspection facility interactions.
• Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
• Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. • At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
12:00pm - 9:00 pm or until completed.
Address Line 1:
1 Performance Blvd
Springfield, Massachusetts (MA)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (http://pfgc.com/Policy) ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster (http://pfgc.com/Poster) and supplement (http://pfgc.com/Supplement) ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement (http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency) .
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
Valid non-commercial driver’s license
6 - 12 months of warehouse and/or distribution
Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and
required overtime for the position.
Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift.
Able to lift and stack product between 10-35 pounds and up to 80 pounds occasionally throughout shift.
Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler,freezer and dry.
1-2 years of warehouse and/or distribution work
Foodservice distribution or related industry experience
Pallet jack and/or forklift certified
1+ years commercial yard driving experience
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
Click Here for Benefits Information (https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits)
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs