Wheelabrator Technologies Mechanic Helper in Stoughton, Massachusetts
Built on the principle that sustainable waste management is an integral part of our environmental and economic infrastructure, Wheelabrator Technologies is a vertically-integrated waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to the customers and communities we serve. Wheelabrator Technologies owns or operates 43 strategically located assets in the U.S. and the U.K. including our Tunnel Hill Partners and City Carting & Recycling locations.
Wheelabrator is owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, a business within the Macquarie Asset Management division of Macquarie Group and a global alternative asset manager focused on real estate, infrastructure, agriculture and energy assets. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com, www.tunnelhillpartners.com or www.citycarting.net.
Mechanic Helper performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance to equipment and plant. Maintains records, receipts. Completes inspections as needed. Performs cleaning functions. Duties may include sweeping, shoveling, painting, housekeeping, and troubleshooting. Completes inspections as assigned in a safe, environmentally compliant and professional manner.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, Mechanic Helper must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Inspect, Maintain and repair facility plant including belts, bearings, guarding, grease fittings and lines.
- Inspects mobile equipment in support of facility operations and maintenance such as skid steer, aerial platform, sweeper, loader, and excavator.
- Assumes increased levels of responsibility when required or requested.
Performs lesser skilled duties when required or requested.
Uses effective communication and interpersonal skills including successful cooperation with all departments. Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; as well as communicates clearly whether using two-way radio or face-to-face
Maintains and follows all Company environmental compliance, health and safety requirements, policies, procedures and rules.
Ability to use small hand tools
- Follows standard safety procedures. Corrects safety and environmental hazards and reports them to supervision immediately
- Maintains the work area in clean, neat, and orderly condition at all times.
- Work overtime and/or rotating shifts as required
- Supports plant housekeeping and painting and preservation needs as assigned. Shoveling, sweeping, mop, hosing
- Anticipates typical problems, identifies potential or recurring problems, and takes appropriate action. Troubleshoots equipment and assist in diagnosing problem areas.
- Other duties as required
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Handle tools, equipment, fine motor skills
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
- Stoop, kneel, bend, push, pull, crawl
- Lift 50 pounds
At Wheelabrator Technologies every employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.