Aveanna Clinical Liaison in Waltham, Massachusetts
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
Waltham, MA 02451
Clinical Care and Support
The Clinical Liaison is an high-acuity experienced RN, LPN, or RD who is a member of our Sales team and works with our referral sources in assisting discharge planners, clients and their families with the transition from facility to home based care. The Clinical Liaison uses their clinical knowledge and knowledge of state homecare regulations to work with the regional Aveanna Healthcare locations to insure a positive outcome for the clients, families, and case managers.
Essential Job Functions
• Meet with case managers on a daily basis at assigned hospitals.
• Check on status of new and existing patients, provide instructions on pumps, ensure patient and/or caregiver knows what to expect while on service.
• Complete documentation for new patient referrals; Work with Patient Care team to ensure we have all appropriate paperwork to set up a patient on service.
• Respond to patient questions and concerns; assess patient needs, status, and tolerance issues, troubleshoot and make recommendations as indicated or requested.
• Interface with physicians, dietitians, and case managers to clarify and manage patients’ home feeding regimen.
• Respond and follow up with Revenue and Patient Care requests, including insurance issues, medical eligibility, and clinical information for authorizations.
• Assist with special projects such as formula pricing, coding, reimbursement issues and formula volume calculation info sheets.
• Current RN, LPN or RD license in the state or states where you will be working
• Knowledge and understanding of compliance with adherence to regulations
• Associate or Bachelor degree in nursing from state accredited program
• Ability and willingness to travel locally
• Recent Home Care/Private Duty Experience preferred
• Previous experience with Children's Hospital a plus
• Must maintain company and employee confidentiality at all times
• Must maintain professional boundaries at all times
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Frequent lifting, caring, pushing and pulling of up to 25 pounds
• Occasional lifting, caring, pushing and pulling of up to 50 pounds
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Frequent lifting and repositioning of patients
• Repeated or prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, twisting and occasional climbing of stairs
• Agility and strength sufficient to handle patients and equipment without assistance
• Must be able to appropriately respond physically and psychologically to emergency situations in the home or during transport
• Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating hours
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.