National Grid Director, Enterprise Function Transformation Planning Lead in Waltham, Massachusetts
As part of National Grid’s continued commitment to safety, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason can request a reasonable accommodation.
National Grid is hiring a Director, Enterprise Function Transformation Planning, for our Enterprise Transformation office located in Waltham, MA: Syracuse, NY or Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Director, Enterprise Function Transformation Planning provides an enterprise view of how the Global Functions support National Grid’s global transformation across clean energy, stakeholder, customer, efficiency, and leadership & culture.
• Collaborates with Function transformation teams in IT, Finance, HR, Legal, and Strategy & External Affairs plans to develop an integrated function transformation plan that meets the needs of the BUs
• Works closely with Director, Enterprise Transformation Standards to ensure Function transformation plans comply with the same standards to ensure consistency
• Provides constructive challenge when necessary and resolves inconsistencies across the Function roadmaps
• Supports the activation of strategy (e.g., Future of Electric)
• Supports monthly transformation governance steering committee as required
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master's or advanced degree preferred
• 8+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience with strategy development and execution (e.g., strategic planning, roadmap development)
• Capability to think strategically and synthesize a coherent story
• Stakeholder engagement and ability to collaborate and influence at multiple levels across the organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong PowerPoint skills and fluency with Excel
• Management consulting experience would be beneficial
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.