National Grid Lead Product Owner, IS Projects in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring a Lead Agile Product Owner for our Infrastructure and Operations group in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To manage the day to day activities related to delivering high quality, timely IT solutions to support our business, to develop project plans and timelines, and manage the project activities through delivery and implementation.
• Deep understanding of Agile frameworks and Lean principles
• Implementation of the Scaled Agile Framework
• Ensure the correct use of scrum process
• Contribute to Iteration (sprint) Planning
• Drive iteration goals via user story prioritization
• Is an extension of Product Management team
• Leads Program Backlog refinement to decompose/estimate stories
• Preparation for Program Increment Planning
• Define/Write User Stories
• Define/Write Acceptance Criteria
• Accept user stories as done
• Define definition of done
• Define sprint goals
• Prioritize Team Backlog (user stories)
• Ensure sprint work, user stories, are locked down after the start of a sprint
• Participate in system demos
• Facilitate user story refinement & solution demo
• Communicate to key stakeholders regarding product vision and progress
• Participate in team retrospectives
• Manage and communicate Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external customers at all organizational levels.
• Demonstrated customer focus, attitude and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• A collaborative style that emphasizes teamwork, values the contributions of each team member, and encourages participation in achieving results for the organization and its customers.
• 3+ years of agile Product Owner experience with methods such as Scrum, Lean, Kanban or SAFe
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
• Tech savvy with the ability to make sound business recommendations
• BS in a relevant discipline or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Experience working with JIRA and JIRA Align
• Understanding of the business value of development decisions and how they affect the lifecycle of the product
• Ability to think both about short-term action and longer-term strategy
• Certified SAFe® 4/5 Product Owner/Product Manager a plus
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.