Aon Corporation Part Time: Radford, Director/Associate Director Compensation Consulting- Employee Rewards in Waltham, Massachusetts
Part Time- Director (or Associate Director) Employee Rewards, Radford
Waltham, MA (other Aon offices may be considered)
Radford, a unit of Aon’s Talent, Rewards & Performance practice, is looking for an advanced employee rewards consultant to support our growing advisory practice. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with extensive employee compensation consulting experience, life sciences and / or technology sector experience, located in the greater Boston area and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple client engagements, leading a team in the delivery of high-quality client solutions. You will also play an important role in developing the technical/consulting skills of our team members, especially in the areas of job architecture and career leveling frameworks, cash compensation programs and equity compensation strategy.
Ideally, this person will be based out of our Waltham, MA office; however, we may consider experienced compensation consultant candidates who will sit in other Aon offices.
The primary responsibilities for this position are listed below. The part time nature of the role would allow for Work/Life balance for an experienced individual looking for the opportunity to work for a consulting firm again.
- Act as 2nd chair and day-to-day contact on larger, complex projects. Lead multiple small to medium sized projects independently. Administer projects successfully, including billing and invoicing.
- Lead and understand all project work. Although your primary responsibility will be to oversee all modeling work, you will be expected to understand (and occasionally create) all excel modeling and analysis and draft reports.
- Manage work streams to ensure client deliverables are met on time and on-budget.
- Create trusted relationships with clients at senior levels. Help to extend or expand existing work to sell the client on other Radford consulting services. Resolve client issues with timelines, quality or project team performance to the client's satisfaction.
- Contribute to Radford content development through innovative ideas with clients, off-the-shelf consulting or research products, or methods to improve team effectiveness. Play a leading role in contributing to Radford research, an article or white paper or applied content to a speech or webcast.
- Foster a professional environment centered on meeting the needs of clients and colleagues. Contribute to a positive, productive, and engaged Radford culture. Assist team members of all levels on a variety of matters, resulting in higher quality work, better client relationships, and project goal achievement.
- Support development of the firm capabilities and offerings (recruitment, training, etc.).
- Meet utilization goal.**
Desired Knowledge and Expertise
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field
- A master’s degree or MBA is not required, but preferred
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in relevant work experience
- Recent employees compensation consulting experience is required
- The ability to travel as requested by clients; typically 20% – 25% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and build strong collaborative relationships with internal department leadership.
Strong decision-making and interpersonal skills working in a fast-paced consulting environment often with very quick deadlines
Advanced knowledge of employee compensation strategy, design, and implementation issues, including base pay, short- and long-term incentives and career architecture
Knowledge of Radford survey platform is preferred
- Advanced consultative skills, including relationship building, process definition and meeting facilitation
- Excellent hands-on project management experience and strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word and PowerPoint) and advanced skills in Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels within the Company.
What makes Radford unique?
Radford empowers the world's most innovative organizations to hire, retain and engage the amazing people they need to create life-changing solutions and products. We also empower our colleagues for success through top-notch formal training; invaluable on-the-job experiences, including immediate and direct contact with clients; untethered access to our world-class data; a flat organizational hierarchy that allows for fast communication, collaboration and decision-making; and the global resources of Aon. We look for individuals who are responsive, agile, work fast, and over-deliver – all while having fun and maintaining a sense of humor.
Radford is part of the Talent, Rewards & Performance practice at Aon plc.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.**
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2018-22123
Location: United States, MA, Waltham