Actalent Program Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts
The Senior Manager of Late-Stage Program Management (FULLY REMOTE) supports the Ophthalmology Program team and Lead by ensuring delivery of tasks and deliverables executed with both internal and external partners according to program specifications incl. budget, timelines, and scope. This role will support strategic end-to-end program, financial and vendor management capabilities. The role will ensure internal program plans are fully aligned and supported by all activities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Manage and maintain up-to-date program timelines inclusive of all critical milestones, deliverables, action items, budget and key interdependencies, applying experienced program management techniques
· Ensure the timely execution of the plan while proposing tradeoffs for scope / timeline / budget
· Proactively identify and escalate risks/issues in real-time to program team and lead, enable risk-mitigation solutions to help offset risk
· Escalate any non-program issues to PMO Head when appropriate to assist in resolving issues and moving the business onward
· For InT meetings, develop agendas, collect pre-reads, moderate meeting and distribute meeting minutes
· Create and track program-based KPIs to help define program success, communicate with leaders and enable continuous improvements in program lifecycle mgmt.
· Be a pillar of communication excellence across sub and working teams back to
· Adopt and learn PMO tools and templates for operational and business support
excellence including dashboard reporting
· Track individual KPIs to ensure personal success in role
Key Performance Indicators
· Availability & maintenance of program plans or working projects under your purview
· Oversight of program team deliverables through tracking of action items, monitoring of timelines and deliverables' receipt
· On-time escalation of noted issues to program lead and team or PMO Head for solving. Successfully assist in closing out escalated issues with team or external vendors
· Oversight and timely delivery of program KPIs and dashboard including business analytics to leaders
· Track program to assigned budget, forecast vs. actuals
Education, Registration & Certification:
· Bachelor’s degree, in core science, healthcare or business administration with prior project management experience
· PMP certification a plus
· 5+ years’ experience working as a Program/Project Manager
· 5+ years’ experience working in clinical research, healthcare or life science setting
· Clinical Operations in pharma/biotech experience preferred
· Track record in successful delivery of large, multi-year programs/projects with cross-functional groups and external vendors
· Demonstrated ability to build & maintain professional relationships.
· Familiarity with Data Privacy and Integrity laws and best practices is preferred
· Microsoft Smartsheet and Teams skills needed or willingness to learn
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
· Highly organized, results driven, problem solver
· Demonstrated ability of managing multiple projects simultaneously, managing competing priorities, and work with various tools to manage projects
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and timelines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with management as well as with peers
· Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs