Rocket Software, Inc. Senior Account Executive – Eastern Region in Waltham, Massachusetts
Senior Account Executive – Eastern Region
At Rocket, we make software that the world’s biggest companies trust to run their critical infrastructure and data, as well as extend those assets to take advantage of cloud, mobile, analytics, and other future innovations. For 26 years our 1,300 “Rocketeers” across five continents have delivered solutions to more than 10,000 corporate customers, government agencies and partners.
Rocket is hiring for an experienced sales professional who consistently exceeds quota selling a platform of software solutions in the Eastern U.S. Region. This individual has an understanding of executive selling into large companies, outstanding communication skills, is customer success focused and brings current relationships. The primary location of the position is the Eastern U.S. region. Travel will be 25-50%.
What You’ll Be Doing for Direct Sales
- Own the full sales cycle from prospect creation, value proposition, negotiation and close
- Work closely with Field Marketing to develop prospects and events
- Lead sales campaigns with the extended team of Rocket sales engineers, marketing and lab groups
- Ensure best-in-class customer sales satisfaction and reference-ability with our customers
- Meet revenue targets and strategic objectives, including growing the sales pipeline, creating targeted territory plans
- Actively use Salesforce and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly sales forecasts
- Work with management to negotiate pricing and contact terms
What You’ll Be Doing for Strategic Account Management
- Research and understand each customer’s industry and business, strategies and challenges.
- Build and execute Account Business Plans that include both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow revenue over a 1-3-year time horizon
- Serve as a trusted advisor to customer business and IT leaders, aggressively shape opportunities early in the sales cycle. Advance opportunities into profitable revenue growth for the company
- Demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning the company's capabilities to business and IT priorities and positioning relative to competitors
- Advocate for customer needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues
- Join local groups, boards, associations for networking. Coordinate with Marketing to support blogs and speak as a subject matter expert at events & trade shows
- Demonstrated history as a consistent top performer selling software solutions to senior executives
- Network of trusted relationships within the Eastern U.S.
- 8+ years of sales experience in solution software to Global 1000 clients
- Experience with complex, multi-year subscription and perpetual licenses sales
- Ability to adapt to the situation, impeccable honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Work in a company with a sales culture that supports and rewards high achievers
- Proactively tackles difficult problems often with a new perspective
- Can articulate a vision, influence others, plan and organize resources and deliver the results
- Self-motivated and action oriented
- Strive to exceed expectations and able to work independently
- Must have valid driver’s license
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States