Bosch Control Systems Engineer in Watertown, Massachusetts
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
As a control systems engineer you will play a key role in the conceptualization, specification, design, development, testing and validation of firmware for HVAC control and communicating systems. The selected individual will possess some experience in the design and validation of embedded firmware executing on different hardware platforms. He or she will be responsible for software engineering and development with third-party suppliers, according to the product life cycle for Bosch HVAC controls systems.
• Provide support for full life-cycle software development, including requirements specification, design, development, testing, production deployment, documentation, training, configuration, and maintenance.
• Define and document sub-system, software, component, and module level requirements and collect, evaluate and negotiate customer and platform requirements.
• Drive the evolution and enforcement of internal/external software development methodology based on agile and lean thinking, including the establishment of coding conventions, documentation standards, testing procedures and quality assurance.
• Participate in cross-functional project teams (domestic and international) to design and solve software/firmware related issues.
• Oversee the implementation or modification of existing control algorithms for HVAC appliance control using C or similar programming language.
• Provide technical know-how and leadership during root cause analysis of product issues.
• Conduct technical risk assessments on software development activities and facilitate the Security Engineering Process on projects.
• Develop prototypes and/or proof of concept software in embedded C/C++ or similar programming language.
• Work closely with project managers, product managers, third-party suppliers, and other groups to prioritize functionality to be implemented.
• Work closely with test engineer(s) to create test plans and ensure that software related issues are properly assigned, fixed, and closed in JIRA.
• Participate in team and supplier meetings to clearly communicate software development status.
• Some domestic and international travel required. 10 - 15%.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
• 3+ years of experience with specification, design, realization, and testing of software based systems.
• 3+ years of experience with development and troubleshooting of firmware in embedded control systems using C/C++.
• Desired experience working in the HVAC/Refrigeration industry, with a familiarity of existing HVAC residential and commercial equipment, systems and suppliers.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
• Experience developing technical requirements from customer requirements.
• Proven repeated experience in troubleshooting, analyzing and determining root cause of firmware issues during development, lab testing and operation at customer sites.
• Ability to prototype and produce software and hardware for proof of concept and field test.
• Working knowledge of Bluetooth and Wifi development and integration.
• Skilled in the use of standard computing tools such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), project management tools, web browsers, etc.
• Experience using hardware emulators, debuggers and protocol analysis tools in an embedded systems environment.
• Experience developing, analyzing and troubleshooting communication protocols (RS485, I2C, SPI, etc). Knowledge of BACnet is a plus.
• Knowledge of bug/issue tracking and project management software (e.g. JIRA) and/or source code management software (e.g. Github, BitBucket) a huge plus.
• Familiarity with home automation protocols such as Alexa, Homekit, Google Home, and IFTTT a plus.
• Experience developing on Linux and Embedded Linux platforms a plus.
• Experience designing and developing mobile applications for iOS or Android a plus.
• Working knowledge of GUI design concepts and implementation on mobile platforms a plus.
• Familiarity of data collection methods, storage methods, and database operation a plus.
• Experience with software engineering standards (ISO, IEEE, etc.) a plus.
• Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams and a diverse cultural environment.
• Ability to quickly come up to speed on new projects.
• Experience in a startup or high-growth environment is highly desirable.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
• Able to communicate and present complex technical concepts across technical and non-technical organizations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a lean and fast paced environment.
• Ability to identify a clear set of tasks needed for project planning.
• Creativity and ability to learn quickly are essential.
• Excellent collaboration and teaming skills.
- Bosch Jobs