Amazon Deployment Lab Manager, Deployment Readiness in Westborough, Massachusetts
Amazon is building the next generation software, hardware, and processes that will run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well. We are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying robotics, autonomy, supply chain optimization, machine learning, manipulation, image processing, and real-time data processing using distributed systems.
The WW Technology Deployment org is seeking a talented and solutions-oriented Experimentation Manager to contribute to delivering transformational innovation to the business. You will lead a team with the mission to ensure that robotics technologies maturing through the development pipeline are vetted and tested to identify and resolve issues upstream before deployments at scale. Your work typically focuses on the design and development of experiments, tools, and processes, that enable large scale delivery of complex robotics systems. This individual will lead a technical team, with the following responsibilities:
Key job responsibilities
• Lead the Deployment Readiness Lab team
• Drive implementation of a future-proofed experimentation Lab
• Recommend best options to management based on quantified benefits, costs, and operational impacts, then lead project implementation
• Design field and laboratory trials to rigorously test and validate technology and deployment processes, including physical, functional, performance, rate, and scalability
• Develop methodologies and tools to address gaps in deployment solutions through rapid experimentation cycles, enabling increased deployment scale, speed, and resource use efficiency
• Partner with process development team to develop training curriculum for deployment labor, including Amazon associates (AA) and third party contractors (3PA)
• Demonstrate the effectiveness of your solutions through field and lab validations
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that for you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Maternity and Parental Leave Options
Paid Time Off (PTO)
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Westborough, MA, USA
• Computer Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent
•Experience with Testing or Validation processes and procedures, including end-to-end system integration;
• 5-10 years relevant experience, at least two of them in technical or team leadership roles
• Ability to absorb complex information efficiently and quickly, and explain complex ideas relatively simply to non-experts in a way they can understand
• Industrial experience working with cross functional teams and to develop solutions
• Capable of multi-tasking, taking into account priorities, schedule commitments to customers, and resource constraints across stakeholder teams
• Excellent business communication skills
- • 3 years of experience deploying large scale robotics solutions in both Greenfield and Retrofit environments • Experience with Testing or Validation processes and procedures, including end-to-end system integration • Success in identifying established suppliers, startups, university resources to bring innovative solutions, establishing collaborative business and technical relationships • Development of Training curriculums, preferably on new robotic technology solutions • Recognized for developing technical talent, through recruiting, mentoring, both internal and external to your team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Amazon Jobs