Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital Substance Use Disorder Therapist in Westborough, Massachusetts
Westborough Behavioral Healthcare Hospital (WBHH) provides psychiatric stabilization and dual diagnosis treatments for Children, Adolescents and Adult populations in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our goal is to ensure patients and their loved ones feel comfortable and are well informed regarding treatment options.
We are conveniently located in Westborough near the intersection of Route 495 and Route 9. The hospital operates 24/7.
Responsible for providing individual client and group therapy. This individual will provide services as a member of the inter-disciplinary treatment team, coordinating with the Director of Clinical Services, and other team members.
· Conducts an initial assessment and establishes treatment goals for identified clients
· Provides daily group therapy three to an assigned caseload of clients
· Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to ensure team treatment and a therapeutic milieu
· Establishes therapeutic relationships with assigned clients to facilitate the treatment process
· Utilizes information to provide quality care;
· Communicates milieu and client issues to the treatment team members during the shift and problem solves effectively;
· Ensures compliance with confidentiality of client information.
· Completes all required documentation according to policies and procedures and ensures that daily clinical notes document the client's progress in meeting their treatment goals
· Supports the nursing staff and recovery specialists identifying the precursors of potential crisis and unsafe client behavior, and intervenes to de-escalate clients utilizing the least restrictive means of intervention
· Provides psycho-education groups to support the milieu treatment program
· Ensures active client and family participation in the treatment process
· Reviews client and staff satisfaction surveys and customer complaints and the results of monitoring standards. Initiates corrective action as indicated and monitors identified quality improvements
· Attends and participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings
· Takes an active role in quality improvement activities as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Knowledge obtained through the completion of a Bachelor Degree curriculum from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience, Master's Degree Preferred
· Demonstrated skill in 12-Step and Family Systems Recovery Models.
· Demonstrated advanced level knowledge of group behavior and dynamics
· Highly skilled in communicating ideas and instructions, verbally and in writing.
· CADC, LADC I or II
· Knowledge of substance use disorders and other DSM-5 Diagnoses and demonstrates competency in providing and implementing resident care
· Knowledge of ASAM PPC
· Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics
· Knowledge of licensing and accreditation standards (Joint Commission, DPH)
· Clinical skills
· Must be detail oriented
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as well as be flexible and dependable
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
· Principles and processes for providing client services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction
· Exceptional customer/client service with the ability to resolve service issues
Eligible employees receive a generous benefits package including holiday premium pay, shift differentials, health, dental and vision coverage, 401(K) plan, health & dependent Flexible Spending accounts, generous paid time off, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability coverage, and an employee referral bonus plan.