Amazon Technical Trainer, Deployment Readiness in Westborough, Massachusetts
Amazon is building the next generation software, hardware, and processes that will run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well. We are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying robotics, autonomy, supply chain optimization, machine learning, manipulation, image processing, and real-time data processing using distributed systems.
The WW Technology Deployment org is seeking a talented and solutions-oriented Technical Trainer to contribute to delivering transformational innovation to the business. You will develop and lead new training curriculums towards both internal Amazon teams and our partners with the mission to ensure that robotics technologies maturing through the development pipeline are able to be executed at scale. Your work typically focuses on taking the lessons learned in both the Lab and during Alpha and Beta deployments and turning these into specific trainings for the deployment teams. In this role you will:
Key job responsibilities
• Partner with process development team to develop training curriculum for deployment labor, including Amazon associates (AA) and third party contractors (3PA)
• Provide trainings on both brand-new technologies as well as re-certifications for existing ones
• Be a key contributor to deciding how deployment projects get allocated
• Incorporate lessons learned from both Alpha and Beta as well as GA Deployments to ensure mistakes do not get repeated
• Closely track product changes and turn updates into actionable learnings
• Demonstrate the effectiveness of your trainings through increasing quality while optimizing deployments
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that for you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Maternity and Parental Leave Options
Paid Time Off (PTO)
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Westborough, MA, USA
• BS in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, or equivalent;
• 5-10 years relevant experience, at least two in technical training roles
• Ability to absorb complex information efficiently and quickly, and explain complex ideas relatively simply to non-experts in a way they can interpret the information
• Industrial experience working with cross functional teams and to develop solutions
• Capable of multi-tasking, considering priorities, schedule commitments to customers, and resource constraints across stakeholder teams
• Ability to tailor trainings to a variety of different stakeholders with very diverse backgrounds
• Excellent business communication skills.
• 2 years of experience deploying large scale robotics solutions;
• Proven experience creating and delivering Training plans for brand new, preferably industrial technologies
• Experience with Testing or Validation processes and procedures, including end-to-end system integration
• Development of scalable training plans, that are able to adapt quickly to rapidly evolving solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Amazon Jobs