Eversource Energy Category Lead - Materials & Equipment in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Responsible for leading, developing and implementing category management plans for assigned group of categories. Responsible for procurement spend in categories with medium to high spend, risk, change, market complexity and stakeholder considerations. Role includes developing strategic sourcing strategies, managing the bid process and negotiating the purchase of materials, equipment and services for large / very large complex purchases. Recognized as the leader of the category with expert knowledge. Acts as a change agent to influence others.
- Drive total cost of ownership improvements including supplier performance and develop the supply base, to deliver results for stakeholders and in line with the organization’s Business Plan.
- Develops tools and techniques to profile; benchmark; research and assess the market; risks; competition; trends and new opportunities to ensure continuity of supply and maximize value / competitive advantage.
- Trusted advisor to client groups, providing expertise and advice on new business approaches to category strategy, sourcing and supplier/ contract management. Proactively ensures Business Sponsors are regularly kept informed and engaged in the category plan and ongoing category management.
- Leads effective cross-organizational teams to develop and implement strategies to meet objectives and targets. Acts as a role model, and technical expert, independently provides coaching and mentoring.
- Develops the strategy and manages the execution of supplier and stakeholder relationships for their assigned category. Includes internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Develops and manages the implementation of supplier relationship management plans. Leads negotiations with suppliers. Coordinates with the business to ensure the management of supplier relationships. Works with others to resolve and escalate supplier issues.
- Produces and analyzes SRM scorecards. Monitors contract and supplier performance including KPIs, reviews with business groups and uses to improve future performance and strategy development. Ensures contracts are being managed to meet category strategic objectives and the benefits framework.
- Executes a multi-year category strategy and annual procurement plan that aligns with business forecast / objectives. In consultation with the Manager, ensures the development of compelling business cases to support decision-making and obtain approval.
- Utilizes their knowledge of business needs and understanding of the market structure to make recommendations on how changes in business processes can improve ways to go to market; structure the sourcing approach and contract.
- Develops and manages project plans to ensure strategies are executed on schedule and achieve projected financial / operational benefits. Identifies risks and makes recommendations for mitigation.
- Provide support for and adhere to all procurement policies and procedures and ensure compliance. Support all audit requests to maintain compliance to corporate policies.
- Writes and presents business plans, briefs, category management plans and other documents to management and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiates and executes large to very large dollar / complex contracts.
- Expertise in the category area - demonstrated by a proven ability to develop and articulate category strategies
- Full understanding of purchasing and inventory systems
- Strong understanding of contract language terms and conditions
- Solid understanding of business and financial principles
- Advanced problem solving, decision making, influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and or critical internal and external relationships requiring diplomacy, political savvy
- Advanced program, project management skills and techniques
- Expert analytical & MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five to ten years related strategic sourcing and procurement experience. Supervisory experience preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Six Sigma, Lean, Process or Project Mgmt. certifications
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs