Eversource Energy Environmental Compliance Supervisor in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Lead a team of environmental professionals responsible for ensuring compliance across Eversource facilities and operations through development and rigorous implementation of compliance training, policies, and procedures. Coordinate efforts of team members to efficiently execute environmental program objectives including timely environmental inspections, management of compliance manuals, maintenance of regulatory documentation/ permitting and oversight of relevant work by environmental vendors. Promote collaboration through exchanges of best practices across the team and actively pursue opportunities to optimize environmental compliance practices. Work cross-functionally with other Eversource teams including Facilities, Operations, and Environmental Field Response.
- Leads environmental compliance team to ensure strict compliance with all applicable state and federal rules
- Supports the development of staff to promote professional growth and continuous improvement of Environmental Affairs practices
- Interacts with regulatory agencies as needed
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Oversees management of Enviance and other tools, systems, documents used to track compliance obligations
- Monitors governmental organizations for new rules, regulations, laws and policies applicable to the specific area.
- Defines and assesses procedural, compliance and financial impacts of applicable new rules, regulations, laws, and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong management and organization skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong knowledge of state and federal rules associated with waste, water, and air regulations
- Strong knowledge in hazardous waste management, wastewater management, spill prevention, air pollution control, PCB management.
- Understanding of environmental aspects of building facilities' operations as well as the transmission and distribution of electricity and the distribution of gas a plus
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced working environment with multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Specific environmental experience in the Northeast region (CT, MA and/or NH) preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related technical environmental experience; strong regulatory experience
- Fast paced working environment with multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Must be available to travel to facilities throughout Eversource service territory (NH, MA, CT)
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Mental Aspects :
- Due to the fast-paced environment of field response, issues arise that require immediate attention and resolution. Many issues are complex and will require assessment against regulatory requirements with Environmental Affairs leadership and legal counsel.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback, coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs