Eversource Energy IT Associate Analyst, Business Solutions in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Leads and facilitates meetings and communications between IT and an assigned business area, and informs team members on ongoing discussions with the business.
Serves as a liaison between a business area(s) and IT and has a detailed understanding of that business area’s goals
and objectives. This position works closely with the business partners to understand their business needs and
collaborates with appropriate IT partners to resolve issues and suggest business solutions. This position is
responsible for collecting, clarifying, and translating business requirements into functional and technical
requirements and then collaborating on conceptual solution design options with IT technical staff, including
Domain, Solution, and Enterprise IT Architects, and/or business clients to complete these activities.
Responsible for anticipating and defining business requirements for new and/or enhanced products, services, or
optimized business processes. This position consults in IT strategy and planning, workflow and process design,
and product solution development. The ITBSA is a leader and plays a key role throughout the full application
lifecycle for small and large development projects.
- Leads and facilitates meetings and communications between IT and an assigned business area, and informs team members on ongoing discussions with the business;
- Leads or oversees workflow analysis in support of requirements identification;
- Evaluates business processes, anticipates requirements, uncovers areas for improvement, and facilitates solution development and implementation;
- Captures, analyzes and documents business and user requirements and user stories in support of a variety of project methodologies;
- Participates in the development of IT roadmaps for an assigned business area;
- Develops an understanding of current business and IT processes and change within their assigned business area of responsibility.
- Ensures solutions meet business needs and requirements;
- Monitors industry activities and pursues independent learning opportunities for their assigned business area of responsibility
- Conducts reviews of business processes and works with others to begin developing functional optimization strategies where applicable;
- May participate in the development of user documentation and manuals, training materials and/or job aids, when necessary;
- May assist in facilitating the Application Development and Support activities for small and large development requests; coordinating activities between internal and external development groups and the business.
- Assists in the creation for Capital Project Business cases and estimates and participates in the presentation of said cases to the PMO and Finance.
Works with the business to assess proposed enhancement request for value and completeness; May actively lead and contribute value to Business Priority Council (BPC) meetings for their assigned business area;
Experience participating in procurement events (RFP/RFI) and supporting the development of statements of work.
- Requires business and general system knowledge and incorporates knowledge from other related disciplines to solve complex business/IT problems;
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and application development methodologies.
- Knowledge of one or more business domains, and a developing understanding of how the domains relate and can be assembled into solutions that meet business and IT needs;
- Participates in business process analysis and the creation of current/future state process modeling with oversight.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) – specifically demand management best practices and controls;
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls;
- Ability to work on teams and collaborate effectively with business and technical roles.
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving and business process optimization skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent independent planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Competency in Microsoft applications including O365, Teams, One Drive, Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and associated tools such as Jira, VSTS and/or other Agile applications is highly desired;
- Knowledge of financial and cost models, and budgeting;
- Developing ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of potential solution decisions;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and a track record of following through on commitments;
- Ability to participate in small high performing teams to deliver successful outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalentexperience.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated application of Business Analysis skills;
- Prior experience in the utility industry is aplus.
Desired Licenses :
- IIBA Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
- IIBA Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- IIBA Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
- IIBA Agile Analysis Certification (AAC)
- IQBBA Certified Foundation Level Business Analyst (CFLBA)
IREB Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE)
PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PBA)
- SAFe POPM
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs