Eversource Energy IT Domain Architect, Collaboration in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource is seeking a Domain Architect to support the Collaboration and Productivity team. Applicable technologies include Office365, Microsoft Teams, PowerBI, PowerApps, Intune and Windows 10. These solutions support the work being done across the entire workforce and need to do so in an efficient and impactful manner.
Eversource is seeking a Domain Architect to support the Collaboration and Productivity team. Applicable technologies include Office365, Microsoft Teams, PowerApps, PowerBI, Intune and Windows 10. These solutions support the work being done across the entire workforce and need to do so in an efficient and impactful manner.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding both the technology and the business functionality to ensure that the solutions are properly implemented, fully utilized, and effectively optimized to meet the needs of the business. You will work with our managed maintenance vendors to deliver these capabilities to new business areas and successfully transition them to steady state support. You will also continue to evaluate the technologies against vendor product roadmaps, competitive products, and market trends to ensure that the domain meets current and future Eversource needs.
As a Domain Architect, you will be responsible for contributing to the domain roadmap, standards and practices into the overall Enterprise Architecture as well as supporting solution development efforts guided by Solutions Architects that involve their assigned domain. Efficient governance over the domain is necessary to ensure that the technologies are incorporated into solutions in compliant, standard, and supportable ways.
- Responsible for successfully applying the technology in their domain to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way.
- Understands how the domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to the domain technologies or practices.
- Develop guidance for incorporating the technology within their domain into solutions, including defined standards, reference architectures, solution guidelines and metrics. Define patterns and building blocks that leverage domain technologies in an optimal way.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and EA to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations and technology platforms.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of changes to the technology architecture.
- Participates in Eversource Enterprise Architecture processes as the expert in their domain(s) and works with peers to align architects.
- Incorporate domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architects and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Develop Standards, practices, roadmaps, for inclusion in the Eversource EA and for use in developing solutions leveraging the domain technology
- Provides technology consulting to solution architects and others who are using or modifying multiple domain technologies within a solution, insuring the technology operates coherently to meet overall needs.
- Effectively integrate knowledge from subject matter experts and peers from other technical areas
- Responsible for governance over solutions that leverage their domain technologies.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.Advanced degree is a plus
- Three to five years in an IT Architect or Lead Subject Matter Expert role
- A minimum of 4 years related experience working with technology or application solutions, including experience in architecture, design, implementation, support, and management of the tools.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs