Eversource Energy Lead Engineer - Distribution Substation Asset Management (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
This position has the primary responsibility for leading a team of engineers in Asset Management ensuring that the goals of the business are met with optimally developed projects and programs to provide the highest levels of system reliability at lowest possible costs. Specific responsibilities include: developing distribution substation programs and budgets, identifying process improvements with respect to development, approval and management of distribution projects, developing best practices and strategies for developing the required design deliverables and milestones in accordance with the timelines associated with projects, developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with other functions thereby ensuring a high level of interaction and quality communications, and managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the team.
Capital Program Development:
- Provide input to the development and prioritization of the Distribution capital budgets, ensuring that Eversource’s highest priority needs are met.
- Support the initiation and funding of capital projects
- Participate in the development of the five-year, three-state Distribution Substation Capital Budgets.
- Develop best practices and strategies for developing the required deliverables and milestones in accordance with the timelines associated with projects
- Provide quality control oversight and process improvement to the Asset Management organization
- Implement tri-state processes for consistent collection and management of data to support substation strategies, programs, and processes
- Participate in audit preparedness and audit support
Distribution Substation Equipment Performance:
- Assists with development of operational strategies for the utilization of asset resources, considering asset life cycle planning and risk analysis.
- Reviews Substation reliability, including goal setting and reporting system performance measures
- Assists to identify gaps and opportunities for future program and project performance improvements.
- Assists with implementation and support of tri-state processes for consistent collection and management of asset data
- Performs asset data analysis to support Asset Management strategies and equipment replacement programs.
- Communicates the Asset Management strategy throughout Eversource and to external parties as necessary.
- Supervises the performance of the assigned team and conducts performance reviews.
- Develops employees through the use of performance management, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments.
- Assigns, prioritizes, and directs work performed by the assigned team members.
- Supports the development of organization plans and processes to drive overall efficiency and culture change.
- Knowledge of substation power system planning, engineering, maintenance, and operations.
- Strong background in process improvement.
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of the New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Distribution Business.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred. An electrical engineering degree is preferred. Business Degree, related discipline, or equivalent experience. An advanced degree is in Engineering or Business Administration is desirable.
Experience : A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience is required. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry and supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications : None
Compensation: Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. Theannualsalary range for this position is $133,000 to $148,410.00, plus incentive. Salary iscommensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Working Conditions/Physical Aspects:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs