Eversource Energy Senior IT Security Architect (Hybrid) in Westwood, Massachusetts
The Sr. Security Architect will lead the security roadmap for IT Security standards and controls by working with the other IT Architects to ensure the roadmap is aligned with other Eversource domains standards and roadmaps. Understanding and communicating emerging and current security threats and aligning with standards, frameworks and overall business and technology strategy will help direct ongoing modifications to the security roadmap.
Develops and implements security architecture that will meet business needs to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability to Eversource systems. The Sr. Security Architect’s responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current systems in place to identify areas in need of improvement. Regularly update the company on any developments in security architecture projects.
- Responsible for Security Architecture (SA) deliverables including reference architectures, standards and policies, and security consulting/reviews.
- Subject matter expert for the Security tool set and governance processes
- Stays updated and explores the latest relevant technologies to design and implement security infrastructure to support IT solutions
- Ensures solutions fit with the current and planned security architecture and standards.
- Works independently or with other team members and other Architect teams to educate and communicate Security practices.
- Works independently or with other team members to deliver security solutions with both client side and server-side functionality.
- Works with internal and external customers to define new features.
- Works with vendors as required, to deliver technical solutions.
- Communicates technical solutions to executive level roles in terms of business outcomes and meeting IT Security objectives
- Ensures that the security infrastructure is supportable and can be transitioned smoothly into production support organizations.
- Provides technical consultation services throughout the life of delivered products. Assists with complex troubleshooting and coordinates with other experts to solve problems that involve cross-domain issues.
- Creates security architecture documentation throughout the project lifecycle of the solutions.
- Requires strong IT technology knowledge.
- Requires strong Security Technology knowledge.
- Must have extensive experience with infrastructure and technology (cloud and on premise), security designs and requirements, and Security goals and objectives.
- Proven experience assessing Disaster recovery solutions and resiliency hosting platforms for business solutions.
- Proven experience with designing Data access and protection models, including defense in depth.
- Proven experience with encryption solutions for data in motion and at rest
- Experience with architecture frameworks, processes such as TOGAF and ITIL processes such as Release, Change, Capacity, and Availability preferred
- Requires strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
- Application Portfolio Management, Technology Portfolio Management is a plus.
- Knowledge of Electric and Gas utility industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalentexperience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of business and technical experience with at least 2 years in senior level roles related to broad or multiple areas of application, technology, security or infrastructurearchitecture
Licenses & Certifications:
- CISSP preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Compensation and Benefits
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is 140,910.00-$156,570.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs