Newell Brands Receiver 2nd shift - Yankee Candle in Whately, Massachusetts
Position Title: Receiver
Location: Whately, MA
Shift: 2nd shift, Monday – Friday 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Job Summary: Receiver 2nd shift
The Receiver is responsible for performing a variety of highly manual operations to expected productivity standards in support of the receiving functions in the Receiving Department. The Receiver will perform scanning/checking functions; powered equipment operation and similar other duties in support of the Receiving and Stockhandling departments.
• Willingness and ability to operate various types of powered equipment, (i.e. turret, pacer, rider jack, reach truck, etc.), hand trucks, and related manual equipment.
• Receiving; wax receiving; material and stock handling; unloading and moving incoming shipments/deliveries; recording discrepancies; visually inspecting items for damage; checking, counting and comparing quantities received against freight bills and purchase orders
• Flexibility to work at other nearby locations as operationally needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write in the English language
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis
• Basic knowledge of computers a plus
• Previous warehouse experience a plus
• Attention to detail and accuracy including speed and accuracy in counting and checking.
• Prior warehousing experience
• Experience operating material handling equipment
• Ability to use of a 2-way radio.
• Experience using RF scanning equipment.
• Familiarity with freight terms and abbreviations, various forms such as freight bills, purchase orders, transfer sheets, and/or similar documents.
• Experience with Oracle
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs