Charles River Laboratories Associate Director, Data Engineering in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Associate Director, Data Engineering
Req ID #: 147833
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
There’s never been a more exciting time to be on the Enterprise Data Analytics team at Charles River Labs! We are on a mission to make the Enterprise Data Analytics team be the backbone of today’s business, as data-driven decision-making enables business leaders to make informed choices quickly to boost revenue, improve productivity, and stay a step ahead of the market. We have already launched our own Enterprise Data Hub, the digital backbone of this company, and we need more leaders in the data analytics discipline who are forward thinking, self-guided and innovative to continue to build out the hub across our lines of business, integrating all of our data, mastering data and focusing on data quality to fundamentally shift the way Charles River operates through data science and advanced analytics.
You will be joining a team with an unyielding dedication to the company purpose; Together We Create Healthier Lives. This laser focus on the patient makes the boarder Global Technology Team so exciting. As we look to our company’s future, we are embarking on a reimagination of how we do business through a Digital Journey. Our Digital Journey is about sustaining and advancing our position to unlock our next horizon of growth and become a leading ‘digitally-powered’ CRO enabling our clients to deliver innovative, safe, and effective treatments to patients as quickly and effectively as possible. In the process, we want to continue to be at the forefront of the drug development and discovery process, ultimately reducing the early-stage drug development timeline by a full year. Our collective focus over the coming, multi-year journey is to enable this extraordinary group of people - our 18,000 colleagues - to execute and achieve our ambitious business goals. We are taking Charles River to a place where Enterprise Data Analytics team will be applying the techniques of data management, data engineering, and strategy development, as well as the use of analytics techniques that range from forecasting and simulation to linear programming and optimization and we want you to join us.
RESPONSIBILITES SPECIFIC TO ROLE:
• Execute on strategy to deliver data to a broad set of analysts, data scientists and product owners, in particular leading the Agile based solutioning team.
• Relentlessly focus on ways to increase speed to market of data products.
• Work cross-functionally with peers in technology, product, and other critical functions to build functional data products.
• Present findings and recommendations for action to partners and leaders within the company.
• Champion the use of technology & newer tools to optimize solutions and continuous process improvements
• Keep abreast of the developments in the field to support and achieve our business objectives
• Develop/acquire right talent, motivate to maintain a high performing team.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related fields; Master’s degree is desirable
• 5+ years of management experience in a technology organization with a strong track record of building and leading high-performing teams
• 7+ years of hands-on database engineering
• 7+ years of data warehousing and ETL tools
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in information technology
• Advanced Database/Data Architecture knowledge and skills including proven experience with designing dimensional data models
• Strong knowledge of Azure data stack and integration architectures
• Highly skills in various Project methodologies – Agile, Iterative & Waterfall
• Experience running data governance, cleansing and standardization initiatives
• Demonstrated passion for advanced data analysis, strong experience with relational databases, SQL, and proficiency using analytic tools to answer business questions
• 7+ years of experience with Safety(pre-clinical) data, and expertise in SEND Implementation.
• Project/Program Management experience
• Agile leadership experience
• Cloud Experience
• Professional Knowledge/Experience
• Proficiency in Data Warehouse & BI Analytics
• Data /business process of safety and discovery data.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs