Charles River Laboratories Client Development Representative in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Client Development Representative
Req ID #: 116512
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking anInside Business Development Representativefor our Research Models and Services (RMS) business ideally located in the Continental US, in proximity to a Charles River Labs location is advantageous but not required. This is aremote basedposition working in collaboration with outside Business Development partners, marketing, customer service, and technical services teams. Responsible for gathering target client information and prospecting for new opportunities & leads with partnered Business Development team members while managing an assigned client base for Charles River Research Models and Services.
The following are the responsibilities related to the Inside Business Development Representativeposition:
• Working to maintain a cooperative relationship with the assigned territory and team to optimize the conversion of new contacts, leads, and opportunities into sales for Research Models and Services.
• Collaborate with Business Development partners and Client Engagement team to research and develop and execute targeted campaigns to identify and convert new opportunities and contacts.
• Gather data on market trends, competitive products and pricing, and an analysis of competitors.
• Manage the needs of assigned accounts and develop opportunities to increase business from assigned accounts where opportunity is present
• Gain knowledge of customer’s needs and applications of Charles River products and services while continuously gathering account intel and data mine new sales opportunities.
• Support Marketing and Sales to drive product/service promotions and provide feedback on ROI.
• Collaborate with sales team members from other services lines to position Charles River products and services for cross-selling opportunities. See these opportunities through appropriate hand-off.
• Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to marketing, product management, project management, and operations in North American Research Models and Services.
• Maintain accurate and timely updates to CRM database regarding activities, sales opportunities, sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence data (SalesForce.com).
• Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Position does not require customer facing travel, candidate may be required to participate in internal sales meetings and tradeshows as necessary.
The following are the qualifications related to the Inside Business Development Rep position:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in life sciences, business or related discipline.
• Experience: 1 to 3 years of experience in client support or sales role, preferably in the life science industry.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Other: Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills. Proficient in the use of standard office computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail).
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs