AMETEK, Inc. Manufacturing Technician in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Job ID: 20336
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Massachusetts - Wilmington
Division: AHV - Aerospace & Defense
Education Required: High School Diploma
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
This position is a unionized position and is subject to the terms and conditions as outlined in the New Manufacturing Model Agreement contract.
In order to meet the technician classification, the following conditions must be met in addition to the basic manufacturing technician description as indicated below:
• Actively participates in the development, implementation and application of processes (assembly and test) for mechanical, electromechanical, electronic instruments and instrumentation; all devices developed and manufactured at this facility.
• Assignments will include activities involved with both prototype development and on-going or legacy production support.
• Support Design, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and the Materials Organization in the development of product, processes and associated documentation for both the development of new product, and improvements needed for legacy product (existing production).
• Product and process development support. Interface directly with Design, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering assisting with the development and documentation of new product, associated processes, fixtures, tooling and equipment. Capable to build qualification and first build products from sketches and note level documentation.
• Process improvement and Operational Excellence participation. Proactively support on a daily basis opportunities to improve new and existing manufacturing process, fixtures, tooling and equipment. Support may be in the form of suggestions and/or active participation with engineering teams focused on process improvement and Operational Excellence initiatives utilizing formal tools such as six sigma, lean manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen and others.
• Legacy product and production runs. Perform all manufacturing tasks (fabrication, assembly and test) required to support on-going production at this site.
• Support product transitions. Support the preparation of product, equipment, fixtures, tooling, related documentation and processes for transitions to other AMETEK manufacturing sites.
• Performs manufacturing operations as required by verbal instruction, engineering drawings, manufacturing or quality documents and other standards. Completes required work that may have been started by another operator when requested or needed to do so to meet business needs. The intent is to cross train all Operators to perform identified operations. Examples of operations include but are not limited to;
• General assembly & disassembly • Soldering • Calibrating & testing product
• Rework & standard repairs • Torch & induction brazing • Troubleshooting
• Masking & painting • Laser marking • In-process Inspections
• Set-up of equipment, fixtures, tooling • VAC operations (heat treat, brazing, maintenance) • Final Inspections
• Incoming Inspections
• Mixing & applying chemicals (adhesive, potting) • Machining operations; swage, turn-back, surface grind, drilling, reaming, spot facing and bending • Resistance & laser tack welding
• Semi-auto plasma welding
• Coil winding • Oven operations (thermal cycling, curing, drying)
• Cable braiding, rubber molding
• Utilizes computerized and manual manufacturing systems, department instructions and manufacturing standards to perform manufacturing transactions, product or process status, to accumulate, count, package, label, and move parts and assemblies to required internal destinations. Maintain accurate records for material locations and on hand balances. Sort, mark, and distribute mail and computerized reports as required.
• Performs simple maintenance of equipment, fixtures, tooling, and workspace to include but not limited to cleanliness, lubrication, monitoring for wear, monitoring for ESD compliance (where required), identifying issues (safety related or otherwise) to supervision that may require facility staff attention.
• Participates in manufacturing team meetings to identify issues, monitor and document data for failure or other manufacturing trends, obtain assignments, status completion of action items, gives input to a daily course of actions relative to assignment of work, setting priorities, obtaining help, and assists with maintaining a production or project status board.
• Maintains required record keeping in accordance with policies, specifications and requirements
• Directly trains other employees, proactively providing assistance to employees as they strive to develop and improve their basic skills; process, product, equipment knowledge and certifications as required.
• Moves components, assemblies, product, fixtures, tools, and portable equipment throughout the facility. Operates trucks, forklifts and high lifts as required. Works with facility crews when relocating or rearranging production lines.
• Performs all duties of inventory management coordinator classification as required.
• Demonstrated capability to properly use calipers, micrometers, drop gages, scales, rulers, multi-meters, gauss meters, hipot/IR test equipment, go/no-go gauges
• Demonstrated capability to properly use electrical test equipment: multi-meters, gauss meters, hipot/IR test equipment, case ground bonding
• Solder certification (solder certification required within 90 days of upgrade to or hired into this position)
• Capability to assemble or fabricate product using verbal instructions only
• Ability to read, interpret, and understand requirements specified on engineering drawings, sketches, manufacturing instructions, characteristic cards, routings, pick-lists, packing specifications, customer instructions and other means to communicate operational requirements
• Ability to troubleshoot problems
• Achieve a passing score on math test in order to demonstrate capability for making required calculations and layouts of product such as but not limited to thermocouple rigid and electrical harnesses.
• Achieve a passing score on reading tests in order to demonstrate capability for making required calculations and layouts of product such as but not limited to thermocouple rigid and electrical harnesses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.