Charles River Laboratories Payroll Tax Analyst in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Payroll Tax Analyst
Req ID #: 135992
US Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
You’ve been processing payroll for a few years and are looking for the next level opportunity, this may be the position for you. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Payroll, you will be responsible for 1) First point of contact for all payroll tax issues, including agency notices, filing for tax ID’s, audit support, employee support and W2 Corrections 2) all elements of end to end bi-weekly payroll processing for a hi-volume company.
This is a great remote opportunity for a high performing, self-motivated individual with payroll experience to join a fast paced and rapidly growing finance organization.
• Responsible for all Balancing and W2 Related items
• Works with payroll and Corporate Tax and Legal department for tax ID Set up
• Review employee tax set up in partnership with payroll team
• Monitor payroll tax activity in partnership with 3rd party vendor (ADP)
• Collaborate with payroll team to resolve employee inquiries
• Assist in the analysis of the accuracy of tax withholding or reporting.
• Help identify drivers of abnormalities by researching, analyzing and proposing corrective action.
• Responsible for recording, monitoring, and resolving agency tax notices & tracers with 3rd party provider & government agencies, as well as validating of all agency responses.
• Perform detailed jurisdictional reconciliations for internal & external audits.
• Create adhoc reporting to support internal & external functions.
• Research and remain current with payroll tax compliance laws and regulations
• Assist with Year-End processing and closing.
• Collectively collaborate with team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely tax filing & reporting to government authorities.
• Proactively audit and validate payroll tax filings / reports submitted by our 3rd party service provider.
• Review & confirm that all payroll tax deposits are accurate and executed on-time to eliminate any late filing penalties.
• Support and Review Quarter Balancing & Year End processes with 3rd Party Vendor (ADP)
• Assist with quarterly and annual audit engagements with Internal & External Auditors. Ensures informational requests are documented, information is provided and that any issues are clearly identified and resolved.
• Perform Tax Returns and Worker Comp Returns that are not handled by 3rd Party Vendor
• Maintain meaningful metrics associated with Payroll Tax
• Assist in the preparation of bi-weekly payroll processing: including but not limited to reviewing, validating, running and reconciling payroll data to ensure accurate payroll payments and reporting
• Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
• 5+ years of Payroll tax reporting and compliance in a multi-state / large corporation.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required
• 3+ Experience with ADP (Workforce Now preferred)
• Ability and desire to maintain confidentiality and protect employee information
• Highly ethical, analytical, team-oriented, flexible, inquisitive & logical.
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal
• Solid advanced Excel skills with experience in analytics and reconciliations
• Excellent customer service skills and strong analytical ability.
• Works with a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to changing priorities to meet deadlines and work on various initiatives concurrently
• Critical thinking skills needed to investigate and resolve issues.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs