Textron Sr. Production Planner in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Sr. Production Planner
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Wilmington business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
Develop and manage the execution of the production schedule as a result of line of balance output, taking into consideration the available capacity, material availability and program delivery commitments. Communicates to business product support managers and program managers the manufacturing status, expected completion dates and production cost /schedule risk analysis.
1. Partner with procurement, production manager, engineering, and program management, and other supply chain disciplines to proactively plan, schedule, and effectively manage development, production, and aftermarket support environments
2. Manages and has ownership of execution of items associated with their planner code, to include:
a. Release of internal jobs to the factory
b. Release of purchase requisitions
c. Manage disruptions in the internal factory (shortages, MRB, internal and external constraints)
d. Provides feedback to internal customers
e. Ownership of end item deliverables to satisfy customer demands
3. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
4. Monitors internal and external supply chain alignment – identifies and resolves potential constraints, maintains line of balance (build through) and purchase requests for the production or purchase of components / parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
5. Plays an integratal part of product Integrated Product Teams (IPT) by effectively interfacing with internal customers on a daily basis, schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
6. Assists management in the development and execution of action/ workaround plans for assigned products/value streams to maximize scheduled on-time completion. Analyzes supply and demand data and reports to determine critical path constraints. Performs product lead time analysis.
7. Manages manual demand for top/down & bottom-up releases, facilitates ECN/ECP changes and coordinates production cut-ins. Reviews excess material for possible consumption in other jobs. Creates material transfers, borrow/payback transactions and PO change requests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Detailed understanding of supply chain principles.
2. Thorough understanding of the following: various production planning and inventory techniques and practices, capacity planning, various forecasting techniques and their application.
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE / PROFICIENCY:
Required: Word, Excel, Outlook, Prior MRP software experience
Preferred: PowerPoint, MS Projects, EMatrix, Oracle ERP Software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree and 6 or more years of moderately professionally related experience preferred.
1-3 years MRP experience & CPIM certification preferred
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Massachusetts-Wilmington
Recruiting Company Textron Systems
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 287628
- Textron Jobs