Lahey Health Assistant Practice Administrator in Winchester, Massachusetts
Welcome to Lahey Health Primary Care. With over 55 primary care practices in more than 30 nearby communities , our primary care physicians and care teams provide quality close to where our patients live or work. We have a team approach to patient care and have developed long-standing, mutually respectful relationships with local specialists at our affiliate hospitals to guide and support the most effective and efficient patient care. As part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system, we now have the opportunity to care for even more individuals across eastern Massachusetts.
About the Job
· In collaboration with the Practice Administrator assesses and addresses day-to-day operations of the practice to ensure optimum efficiency and smoothness.
· Ensures effective operations of the front desk so activities remain focused on providing optimal customer service and supporting the team concept of care delivery.
· Provides backup support to administrative practice staff, and trains staff with regards to, but not limited to: a) telephone protocols; b) scheduling patient appointments and collecting pre-registration information at the time of scheduling; b) patient registration process; c) verifying health insurance coverage and demographic information.
· Oversees phones (on/off service), retrieving messages from answering service and conveying the information in a timely manner to the patient care team to facilitate the triaging of information in a manner that mitigates delays in providing optimal patient care.
· Handles inquires and issues in a courteous and professional manner. Utilizes advanced customer service tools when dealing with difficult patients/family members or situations to diffuse situations that were raised to the Assistant Practice Administrator’s attention.
· Supports, assists, and backs up care team members with administrative responsibilities as needed to optimize patient and quality care experience.
· Complies with Winchester Hospital and WPA policies and procedures including the Code of Business Conduct.
· Backs up and assists the Practice Administrator in verifying and approving payroll, ensuring accurate time records and payments.
Hiring, Training and Oversight/Staffing
· Interviews, hires, orients, trains, evaluates, and recognizes and rewards new and existing administrative staff. Disciplines administrative staff as necessary. Assists the Practice Administrator by providing feedback and input concerning the hiring and performance of non-administrative team members. The Assistant Practice Administrator shall also provide guidance to the care team with regards to problem solving and performance improvement endeavors.
· Assists Practice Administrator in conducting regular staff meetings to promote communication and facilitate problem solving and planning.
· Attends required meetings and contributes to committees as a leader of the care team.
· Creates a comprehension and appreciation in the practice that accurate billing involves multiple care team members and that each element needs to be handled and input accurately and in a timely manner. Monitors and processes accurate and timely submission of patient charges.
· Enters and/or verifies billing processes including charge entry, hospital billing, and co-payment and bank deposit reconciliations to ensure that the functions are performed in a manner that complies with practice policies.
· Maintains insurance referral management system and assists in developing and implementing referral protocols that address hospitalization follow-up, ancillary testing requirements and follow-up appointments and subsequently educating patients and their families about referral protocols.
· Interacts with patients to problem solve billing issues including resolution of issues related to co-payments, co-insurances, patient deductibles and outstanding balances.
· Reviews and reduces self-pay and A/R balances.
Patient and Practice Safety
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment and monitors and documents employee compliance with tuberculosis testing requirements.
· Assists Practice Administrator in ensuring a safe working environment by: a) monitoring and correcting maintenance, housekeeping and physical plant concerns; b) maintaining office and clinical equipment in good working order; c) maintaining an updated OSHA manual that is accessible to staff; d) maintaining MSDS fact sheets for chemicals used in the practice; and e) monitoring service contracts, coordinating repairs and scheduling preventative maintenance services.
· Collects data and trend analysis to assist the Practice Administrator in developing revenue projections and corresponding supply, capital and staffing budgets.
· Demonstrates fiscal awareness and responsibility by comparing and analyzing practice administrative related expenditures monthly and efficiently utilizing staff and supplies in a manner that is aligned within budgetary guidelines. Recommends ways to reduce expenses in a manner that will not adversely impact the provision of optimal patient care.
· In conjunction with Practice Medical Director and Practice Administrator and with input from the care team, continuously evaluates and addresses opportunities for system improvements and customer service enhancements that will optimize the provision of patient-centered care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High School diploma required.
Two years administrative experience in a medical office setting, with at least one year experience as a medical secretary or medical biller.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Knowledge of insurance plans and referral processes.
Keyboarding ability and knowledge of practice management software.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: None
CPR CERTIFICATION: None
DAYS/ 40 HOURS/ FULL-TIME/ WINCHESTER
Beth Israel Lahey Health is d edicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Lahey Health Jobs