Lahey Health Environmental Svcs Assoc II in Winchester, Massachusetts
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by cleaning non-inpatient areas and completing environmental related projects throughout the hospital. This staff position will have an impact on patient and family members’ satisfaction as the cleanliness of the hospital directly impacts people’s perception of the organization and thoroughly cleaning surfaces is a key step toward infection control and prevention.
Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D.
Required: Experience in a position that demonstrated strong customer service skills
Preferred: Experience operating cleaning equipment.
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to effectively communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors, and fellow members of the hospital team.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements : Area assignment and schedule may vary based on department needs. Holidays and weekend rotations required.
Travel requirements: As needed for off site locations.
Other: Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
· Reporting relationship depends on the location and shift:
o Off site locations report to the off site Supervisor of Environmental Services
o Evening shift and night shift employees report to evening shift Environmental Services Supervisor
o Day shift employees report to the day shift Environmental Services supervisor.
As part of Guest Services/Environmental Services team, this position:
· Cleans all areas of the hospital, which includes but is not limited to patient rooms, medication and storage areas, hallways and staff areas, waiting areas, utility rooms and restrooms.
o Introduces oneself when appropriate with customer groups. Represents the hospital professionally by wearing a visible name tag and neat uniform. Is respectful of the patient’s privacy and personal items.
· Initiates the seven step cleaning process when cleaning a patient room, which includes trash/recycling, high dusting, damp wiping, cleaning restrooms, dust mopping, damp mopping, bed making and final room inspection
· Completes more thorough cleaning of hard surfaces including burnishing and buffing, stripping and waxing floors, scrubbing and recoating floors
· Completes more thorough cleaning of carpet and upholstering including carpet cleaning and extraction.
· Set up and break down of conference room and other events, including set up of audio visual needs.
· Communicates with the Service Response Center on a regular basis to accept and close out tasks
· Remove curtains, launder and rehang as needed
· Operate and empty cardboard baler
· Completes more detailed dusting and vent cleaning
· Addresses pest control needs, when applicable
· Strips rooms of hazards for patient watches
· Monitors and replaces regulated medical waste (red bags / sharps) in patient areas using infectious control procedures.
· Assists in emergency situations throughout hospital following department specific requirements
· Maintains a clutter-free environment
· Cleans elevators and tracks
· Restocks paper products, trash bags and soap supplies throughout patient and public areas
· Moves and empties shredding bins/bags
· Cleans and disinfects portable medical equipment and carts.
· Attends staff meetings and huddles, offering suggestions and contributing to the collaborative team approach.
· Some areas may involve collecting soiled linen.
· Surgical Services: Special cleaning is mandatory for all sterile field areas (OR, L&D, CMS and Interventional Radiology).
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Lahey Health Jobs