Lahey Health Physical Therapy Aide in Winchester, Massachusetts
Welcome to Winchester Hospital, part of Beth Israel Lahey Health. Winchester Hospital was the first hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, the American Nurses Association’s highest honor for nursing excellence, three times. It has since received the recognition a fourth time. As the northwest suburban Boston area’s leading provider of comprehensive health care services, the 229-bed facility provides care in general, bariatric and vascular surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, radiation oncology, pain management, obstetrics/gynecology and a Level IIB Special Care Nursery.
About the Job
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s by assisting Physical Therapists and support functions in an effort optimizing the efficiency of the rehabilitation services operations. This staff position will have an impact on the patient experience by minimizing wait times and ensuring a clean, safe and welcoming environment.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Students enrolled in physical therapy, athletic training or other health related field
· Previous rehab aide experience
· Prior in healthcare, a clerical role and/or other positions with a strong customer service element
Required: For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: N/A
POPULATION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: N/A
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Schedule requirements: May be required to regularly rotate through day, evening, or Saturday shifts as necessary
Travel requirements: May be scheduled at any of the Rehab locations
· Reports to the Rehab Coordinator at their primary site
· No responsible for supervising the work of others
As part of the Rehabilitation Services team, the Physical Therapy Aide:
· Assesses waiting room status regularly, liaisons with patients to ensure comfort and wait-time satisfaction. Serves as a resource person by providing appropriate information and assistance to patients, families and visitors to improve their overall experience in the rehabilitation services office(s).
· Greets, transports and/or escorts, educates and identifies patients making the patients feel welcomed and comfortable.
· Assists the Therapists in preparing the equipment for treatment
· Provide ambulatory assistance to patients as necessary.
· Keeps department clean, free of obstacles and stocked in adequate supplies and linen.
· Performs other administrative functions as needed to ensure the department runs smoothly, efficiently and seamlessly to the patients, including but not limited to covering the front desk:
o Answers phone and answers non-clinical questions about rehab services
o Schedule patients. Changes patient appointments
o Collects patient co—pays.
· Performs safety checks on equipment at start and end of shift and periodically throughout the day.
· Respond to supply/equipment issues in a timely manner to ensure availability of supplies and equipment and to maximize its useful life.
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses, technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Lahey Health Jobs