Beth Israel Lahey Health Shuttle Driver, Per Diem in Winchester, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Rotating (United States of America)
Contributes to the Hospital’s mission to care, to heal, and to excel in service to our community and to deliver the best possible patient care by safely transporting hospital employees to and from offsite locations and the Hospital in an efficient, timely, and friendly manner. This customer service staff position will have an impact on employee satisfaction and operations and positively impact the community’s impression of our Hospital by respecting the rules of the road and our neighbors.
Education Preferred: High School Diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: Valid Driver's License
As part of the Security team, this position:
• Operates shuttles to provide safe, clean and timely transportation.
• Obeys traffic regulations, using defensive driving skills and drives with seatbelts fastened.
• Follows hospital route and speeds limit policies being cognizant that the Hospital Shuttle service is a visible representation of the Hospital throughout the community.
• Assists passengers on and off the bus as requested.
• Performs daily vehicle inspections to ensure that the bus is mechanically sound and that all required preventive and scheduled maintenance has been performed.
• Uses radio in a professional manner to keep security and other buses informed of traffic and location status.
• Informs management of any maintenance and/or safety hazards and concerns
• Complies with state, local and federal regulations governing transit vehicle operations.
• Courier materials between locations.
• Provides special shuttle services to meet the needs of the Hospital and to address inclement weather situations.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs