Belcan Director of Electrical Engineering in Woburn, Massachusetts
Director of Electrical Engineering
Job Number: 283209
Category: Electrical / Electronics
Description: A Director of Electrical Engineering job in Woburn, MA is currently accepting applications. This is a permanent / direct hire position with our key transportation industry client. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience in the automotive, aviation, or similar industry. In this role you will direct the growth of the Electrical Engineering team to sufficient size and strength to help propel the Transition through the remaining design process steps, using both internal and external resources as appropriate, and prepare it for manufacturing.
*Due to the nature of the work, you must either be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
Director of Electrical Engineering Job Responsibilities:
• Direct the growth of the Electrical Engineering team to sufficient size and strength to help propel products through the remaining design process steps, using both internal and external resources as appropriate, and prepare it for manufacturing;
• Oversee the electrical aspects of remaining design, prototyping, testing, and integration of hybrid-electric drive, human-machine interface, software, wiring, and other critical subsystems into a robust and compliant vehicle system;
• Develop and adhere to departmental budgets in collaboration with the finance team;
• Develop and adhere to product development schedules, including externally relevant milestones such as tests and demonstrations, in collaboration with the Director of Program Management and the COO;
• Serve as advocate and vital communications channel for the Electrical Engineering department to upper management.
Director of Electrical Engineering Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience in the automotive, aviation, or similar industry;
• Experience leading an Electrical Engineering department that has a mixture of hardware, firmware, and software engineers;
• Experience with managing direct reports, indirect reports, and consultants/contractors;
• Experience with CANbus;
• Knowledge of techniques used to maintain stability of an electrical power distribution system;
• Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout using modern EDA tools;
• Experience with automotive or aviation/aerospace wiring harness and connector component sourcing;
• Experience with automotive or aviation/aerospace product development;
• Experience with design control and change management techniques;
• Experience with Design for Manufacturing, Cost, etc.;
• Familiarity with version control software, e.g. SVN or Git;
• Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. as well as presentation skills.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
• Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering;
• Experience rapidly increasing the size of an Engineering department;
• Experience with ASTM F2245 product development;
• Experience with automotive electrical system development;
• Experience with aviation electrical system development;
• Experience with state machines;
• Experience with automatic code generation using MATLAB/Simulink;
• Experience with electric machine and inverter controls;
• Experience with C/C++ programming;
• Experience with DO-254 and DO-178 for the design of hardware and software.
If you are interested in this Director of Electrical Engineering job in Woburn, MA, please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Woburn , MA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 10+
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart