Elevance Health Engineer III (US) in Woburn, Massachusetts
Engineer III (US)
Job Family: Development and Engineering
Type: Full time
Date Posted:Jan 31, 2023
Req #: JR42130
National +50 Miles away from nearest PulsePoint, National +50 Miles away from nearest PulsePoint
South Dakota, South Dakota
South Carolina, South Carolina
Rhode Island, Rhode Island
North Dakota, North Dakota
New Jersey, New Jersey
New Hampshire, New Hampshire
New York, New York
New Mexico, New Mexico
North Carolina, North Carolina
West Virginia, West Virginia
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for the delivery of end to end system development and maintenance on complex technology systems within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department.
How you will make an impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Development on medium to large complex customer technology platforms or architectures.
• Maintains active relationships with internal and/or external stakeholder to develop business requirements.
• Analyzes and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible system code enhancements.
• Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, our products and infrastructure.
• Collaborates with engineers and graphic designers, analyzes and classifies complex change request and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
• Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
• Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
• Understands the product and analytics and drive requirements that take into account stakeholders needs.
• Identifies problems/risks.
• Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
• Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
• Reviews test cases and advises QA on adjacent code/regression impact.
• Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
• Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
• Provides on call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 years experience on one platform, multi database, multi language or multi business application; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience mentoring others, leading small projects and providing troubleshooting support is strongly preferred.
• Experience in SQL, specifically writing complex SQL dealing with large volumes of data.
• Experience in one or more databases (Teradata, Snowflake or SQL Server preferred).
• Knowledge of cloud systems such as AWS or GCP.
• Familiarity with distributed computing using Python, Spark, Scala etc.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is:
• Zone 0: $107,040 - $160,560
• Zone 1: $102,580 - $153,870
• Zone 2: $98,120 - $147,180
• Zone 3: $93,660 - $140,490
• Zone 4: $89,200 - $133,800
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
- The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
EEO Policy Statement
Know Your Rights
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is anE-verify Employer (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf)
Email us (email@example.com) or call 1-877-204-7664
- Elevance Health Jobs