Belcan Engineering Manager - Mechanical Systems in Woburn, Massachusetts
Engineering Manager - Mechanical Systems
Job Number: 283207
Description: An Engineering Manager of Mechanical Systems job in Woburn, MA is currently accepting applications. This is a permanent / direct hire position with our key transportation industry client. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering discipline with 5+ years of experience. In this role you will lead a team of Mechanical Engineers in the delivery of product and projects along with implementing engineering best practices and programs that motivate the engineering team to excel within the product development process.
*Due to the nature of the work, you must either be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of mechanical engineers in the delivery of product and projects
• Act as a liaison between your team and the Director of Mechanical Engineering
• Work with program management to clearly outline alternatives, pros/cons, and risk mitigations to different projects
• Implement engineering best practices and programs that motivate the engineering team to excel within the product development process
o Ensure that these practices are in place and followed
• Provide support to the engineering team, when needed
• Provide technical advice on any problems, when appropriate
• Maintain a positive work environment and address any safety concerns
• Anticipate any upcoming obstacles and deadlines;
o Ensure the team stays on task and is moving towards the goal
• Work with Director of Mechanical Engineering in developing tasks and goals for your engineering team
• Other duties as assigned
Engineering Manager Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering discipline with 5+ years of experience
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills, including the ability to express ideas concisely and clearly cross-functionally and at all levels within the company
• Sound decision-making skills
• High attention to detail and self-driven
Desired Skills and Experience
• Experience in low volume automotive environment
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
If you are interested in this Engineering Manager job in Woburn, MA, please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Woburn , MA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 5+
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart